Chapter 9 FLASHBACK 💄LARA💄

June 9th of last year- Ivy's house

"Maybe we should go together? I mean that allowed right? Just because we have boyfriends doesn't mean we have to go with them." Ivy's face went a little pale but she plastered a fake smile to her face instantly. "No thanks, I think André wants to go with me."

I nodded at her and decided not to push it anymore, she got really closed off when I pushed her on details on her relationship with with André and I really needed to tell her the news without her hating me already.

"Hey, you ok?" Ivy asked me and sat down next to me on her bed, I had her full attention and I knew that she was concerned that I wasn't talking as much as usual. "I um... I need to tell you something." She tilted her head to the side in confusion and grabbed my left hand in both of hers, "is everything ok?" Her voice was quieter with worry and I sighed a little. "Well, I was expelled the other day because I had done so much and when I laughed it just pushed the old man off the edge and-"

I didn't want to continue. Ivy already looked horrified and I felt so guilty. "Mum's making us move and doesn't want me to contact you anymore. She thinks you're a bad influence."

A singular tear ran down her cheek but she didn't bother to wipe it off, instead letting it run into the crease of her mouth. She sniffed and averted her eyes from mine, suddenly focusing entirely on her feet. "Oh." I wanted to cry myself but I knew that I couldn't, I had to stay strong. "So... You're leaving? This is goodbye?"

I nodded and she nodded too, staring off into space looking completely broken in that second before she slammed the mask down on her expressions. She never used her mask around me because she trusted me but clearly something had changed because she was making sure to not show any emotions at all, only a dull blankness that even made its way into her eyes which almost always displayed her emotions, even when she had her mask on around other people.

"I see." Her voice was devoid of emotions and I felt tears well in my eyes, the familiar stinging reminding me of how hard it was to say goodbye to your best friend ever after years of knowing each other. "You should go... pack." She said and made sure to avoid eye contact with me. I was beginning to breakdown and I knew that she was too and that's why she wanted me to leave.

I kissed her forehead in a sisterly way but she didn't return it like she usually would, instead she sat, motionless on her bed and stared at her nail polish on her toenails. "I'm sorry..." I whispered to her before walking out and carefully closing the door behind me.

Thankfully her parents had left so I had a clean escape from Ivy's house. Suddenly someone tapped me on the shoulder and my heart almost stopped in fear. I saw Ivy standing there with tears running down her face. "I'm sorry, I don't blame you. It's just- we-" she sniffled and I hugged her as we made our way back into her room. "I can't imagine you leaving. I need you." Tears dripped from my eyes as she lay her head on my lap and I stroked her hair. I had always loved her like a sister and it was so hard to say goodbye to her.

"I need you too." I whispered to her and suddenly the two of us dissolved into sobs. "You'll remember me right?" She asked and I chuckled sadly through my tears. "I could never forget you. You're my bestie." The two of us sat in silence for a while before she eventually fell asleep and not long after, I followed her.

-----------------------------------------------------------
A/N: I guess I'm going to make Lara the type that cries over everything except when their friends need them stable. I know someone like this and to be honest it can be pretty funny.

What do y'all think? This was when Ivy was less guarded but it's obvious André has already started abusing her by her reaction to his name and the way she effortlessly can hide her emotions.

Well, au revoir mes amis.

Love you all,
Katnip 💖