Chapter 8 ~FLASHBACK- 💡TY💡~

July 17th of last year- Catarina's party

In my nearly comatose state I went up to the drinks table and ordered yet another vodka. Yes, I knew it was stupid and yet I was mad and sad and drinking was my relief.

I hadn't even been at this lame party long, most of the drinking had been done at home while I waited for the uber to come pick me up so I was very drunk very early into the night.

Suddenly I heard a girls scream and a whole lot of shouts and I instantly tried to run towards the yells but my week knees gave out. Dammit! Fucking alcohol!

By the time I had managed to drag myself to the scene there were only two men rolling in the dirt and attacking each other. "You betrayed me!" The smaller one growled but he was nothing compared to the tall guy as he looked directly into his eyes and went, "abusing woman doesn't make you cool." Did you- Did you hear that too? What. The. Fuck?!

Strangely the short guy didn't seem affected. "You should try it, I'll even let you borrow Ivy a couple of times. It's really satisfying when she curls away from you and tried to block the punches or kicks. Come on bro, it'll be fun."

'Please don't agree' I pleaded in my mind as an imaginary hand gripped my heart and began to painfully squeeze at it. This man was asking his friend to join him while he abused his girl? That made me feel physically sick and it took everything inside of me to not throw up my guts on this short bastard that was currently being held down by taller bastard.

"You absolute ass! She is your girlfriend! Not your toy, not a doll to dress up and throw around the room and certainly not someone you can control! Ivy is the sweetest girl I've ever met apart from my own girlfriend and yet you can't respect that, why? Why?!"

At first I saw malice in the shorter man's eyes but suddenly his expression changed quickly to devious and then sad. "I'm sorry... I will never do it again... I'll even apologize... She's everything to me and I just love her and I would be so broken if she left so I try to scare her away from the idea but-"

Years of training had shown me when someone was lying or faking and it was obvious to me that he was, but the taller guy clearly didn't see that as he got up and gave shortie a hand up from the ground. "Come on then. Let's go home." I almost cried as I tried to imagine what was going through taller guys head to just give up. Shortie is a woman abuser! He deserves jail! He deserves pain! He doesn't deserve to be treated like he only did something very mild like steal a goddamn cookie.

I was getting worked up but I didn't say anything, I couldn't. My throat was choked up and I had a small migraine beginning to pound its way into my poor head. I was almost in a daydream when I heard shortie curse and say, "damn you tackle hard Finn." Followed by a snort of laughter from 'Finn'.

Tears splashed from my eyes and I was mad I was crying, it wasn't even my problem and yet I felt so sorry for whoever the abused girl was. Part of me wanted to let it go, pretend I never heard this conversation and keep living my life like this. But I couldn't. Because I needed to know which of the sweet girls in this neighbourhood was being hurt by the one they trust and probably love.

I remember when my now ex-girlfriend turned bad and controlling on me too and it hurt like hell, but she never hit me until I broke up with her. She was always very sure that she wouldn't do anything to "mess up whatever's left of my good looks" because football had caused me to get hurt a few times. And I almost broke that one time she slapped me. So whoever this sweet girl is that is being abused, I was going to help. I was always going to help.

Sickness hit me suddenly and I managed to turn my head before I threw up everywhere. It certainly wasn't the prettiest sight when Lara walked out of the party to find me lying in an alley, on the floor, next to a puddle of my own vomit. She sighed and shook her head, "come on babe." She said and dragged me to my feet carefully. "You're amazing y'know that" I told her. A genuine smile lit up her face and she kissed my cheek. "You're amazing too, but let's get you home huh?"

About halfway to her car I stumbled and she laughed quietly at me, damn I loved her laugh. "Good thing I'm the DD and not you." I tilted my head to the side, "DD?" She rolled her eyes and pushed me into the car playfully. "Designated driver." That made sense but I wasn't going to admit that to her. She obviously saw it in my face because she gave me a cheeky smile before starting up the car and beginning to drive.

I almost fell asleep but right as I was about to fall off the edge I thought of the shorter guy smugly talking about abusing his girlfriend like it was nothing. I would NEVER hurt Lara, she was my world so whoever shortie was he deserved jail time and his girlfriend probably needed therapy.

With these happy thoughts in my head I fell asleep. Images of Lara's beaten body as she shied away from me with fear in her eyes plagued me and I woke up several times during the night but almost instantly fell asleep again, alcohol messed with me so damn much.

-----------------------------------------------------------
A/N: A look into Ty's mind on the night of that party! Also what happened after Ivy took off running and Finn was left to scold his sick little brother. I'm hoping you all know that Finn is the taller guy and André was 'shortie'. Heh.

The next couple of chapters will also be flashbacks but not to the night of the party, well, maybe one of them but the other won't be. By the end of the book you will have got a view into each person's perspective at least twice. Well, ciao.

Btw- Ty is Colby Brock. I don't know who the others should be but Colby seemed to suit Ty's looks and general attitude so... Yeah. But you can imagine him as anyone you want.

Are you in love or think you might be falling in love with anyone?

Love you all,
Katnip 💖