Chapter 10 FLASHBACK 🕯️ Alex 🕯️

September 5th, 10 years ago- Local Football Field, 3rd person POV

The ball came hurtling towards him and Alex fell backwards in his haste to run from it, unsurprisingly he wasn't fast enough and the ball hit him bang in the forehead, knocking the back of his head further into the ground and overtaking his senses for a moment.

The boy who had kicked the football into him jogged up and quickly crouched down next to him, checking for any obvious signs of needing an ambulance, when he discovered none he gave a small sigh of relief and held out his hand for Alex to grab so he could be pulled to his feet.

The boy steadied Alex on his feet as he began to sway and pretty quickly Alex was staring at the sky again. "I'm really sorry little dude, I didn't mean to." He smiled and the boys worried face split into a smile. Clambering to his feet Alex grinned at the older boy, "what's your name?"

The boy chuckled before answering, "Finn, my name is Finn." Alex grinned and grabbed Finn's hand with his own tiny one. "My name is Alex and I'm 6." Finn smiled at him and patted Alex's shoulder, "yeah? I'm 12." Alex giggled in a boyish way at how old the guy was. After a while Alex's brother came over and Alex cowered from him. "Hey Finn, why are you talking to my stupid little brother?" Next followed Alex's big sister who laid one hand on his shoulder and said, "you don't want to talk to him. You might catch something."

Surprisingly Finn shook both of Alex's older siblings off him and grabbed Alex's tiny hand inside his much larger one. "Alex is my friend. And if he is really your little brother then you should grow up and treat him like family." Finn's harsh words jarred Alex's siblings as they stuttered and searched for a 'witty' comeback. "Yeah? Well ummm... Your mum's fat!" Finn rolled his eyes and bent down to Alex's eye level. "Meet me here this time tomorrow?" He asked and Alex nodded eagerly he had never had a friend before! "I will! I promise I will!"

Finn's face lit up with joy and he laughed before patting Alex on the back and starting off towards his other friends. "I love you!" Alex called to him in the sweet way six year old do and Finn turned and grinned, "I love you too buddy."

That was the first time Alex made a friend. And it was the only time for 8 years, until he finally met Ty and Ryan on his first day at Campbell High, the prissy school for those with unloving families and buckets of cash.

-----------------------------------------------------------
A/N: DAMN! We may not have met Alex yet but that will be happening in the next 4-5 chapters, he is a very important part of the book and one of the 3 boys Ivy may end up with at the end. If she ends up with any of them...

Well, that's enough spoilers for today. 😂😝

Favourite animal and why?

Adjö! (That's Swedish for goodbye)

Love y'all,
Katnip 💖