CHAPTER 21: SINCERITY BETWEEN BROTHERS

"We believe that encaging our thoughts and true emotions,

makes us stronger than those who surround us...

We are wrong..."

~Pamy

The pressure and wind inside the portal made it difficult for Mammon to fly steady. From time to time a gust of wind would make his balance falter and an invisible gravitational force would pull on him making him contract more his wing and abdominal muscles until they ached from too much work placed unto them.

He cursed as once again his flight was disturbed by the chaotic atmosphere around them. Even staring at the spiraling and twisting of its space made both, Satan and Mammon, confused and dizzy.

Satan counted approximately in his head how much time they've spent searching and estimating the odds for them all to come out from the portal on time, before it closed.

Mammon complained,

"How much further?! This whole thing is getting on my nerves! Everywhere I look it's the same!"

Satan tried to calm both his and Mammon's nerves. Even he was getting a little bit exasperated by their current situation, but they had to keep on going. In no time, he was sure of it, they will find Lucifer and hopefully, Pamy with him.

Noticing how Mammon's wings have been twitching at every bating they made, opposing the pull on the gravitational force upon them, he could think of a possible explanation as to why Lucifer didn't come out immediately from the portal. The factor's impact upon wings bones and muscle made them strain and ache. The more weight they had to carry, the more the pull on them by the force affected their power flight capacity. Not even Beel's wings could sustain appropriately among this environment.

A rumble and twist of the vortex made Mammon stop flying forward and remain in place. This action took precious time from them, leaving Satan in doubt to how things will turn out for them from here. There was no way to avoid it though. If Mammon continued to fly during the portal's spontaneous contortions, his wings could break and just thinking at how far they were, and obviously, that didn't sound like a good idea.

Suddenly, a rumbling sound came from beyond all their surroundings. It was different from the other sounds they've listened since they entered the portal.

Mammon glanced at all sides he could.

"Satan..."

Satan's forehead began to sweat as soon as he noticed the same thing, probably, Mammon noticed as well.