💞 Hey There

Kaminari POV

I opened up my Instagram, clicking on my notifications. Nothing much, just my friends commenting and tagging me. One stands out though, someone who says they drew my hero costume? I'm not popular like Kirishima or Midoryia. I click on it and see it. God it's amazing. Every detail is to the T and it's still retains an art style! I like it before clicking her profile. She's a small page, but she deserves so much more! It's filled with pro hero art, most of which are Japanese.
Sometimes I see some of my classmates and friends at UA.
I follow her and shoot her a message.

Hey! I saw your art, it's really
good! Mind if I show my friend
the art you drew of them?

Of course!
You're friends with Suneater and
Red Riot?

Yeah! Hey, mind if I set your art
as my pfp?

Go right ahead!
I'm honored!
Btw, can you send me a picture
of yourself? The only pictures
I had of you were blurry or in
videos.

Yeah, ok.

A friend of mine took it

A friend of mine took it. I
look good, don't I?

Yeah! Thanks so much!
Hey, mind if we keep chatting while I draw?

Of course!
Hey, I seem to have forgotten my name. Can I have yours? 💛

Oh sorry, that was rude. My
name is Y/N.

I thought you were Japanese,
ya know with all the art of
Japanese heros?

No, I'm from (forgein country).

Oh cool!

What started after that was strings of late night texts, filled to nonsense and hypotheticals. A week passed, then a month, then 2, then 4, then 8, and soon a year passed and I was halfway through second year. We've remained friends through everything. Every villain attack, every mental breakdown, every hard patch. It's almost like we've known each other for years.
I can't help the butterflies in my stomach when I text her. I love imagining her voice and her laugh whenever she makes me feel better.

Hey, Y/N? Can I ask you
something?

Yeah, shoot

Um, what's your address?!
I lost mine...

Lol, it's ***************
in ********. What's up?

Nothing. Just in case for
when I'm a hero and I
can visit.

That's in over a year.
Plus I'll be out of the school
by then. Maybe.

Better to ask now then never

I order the ticket and feel my stomach churn as I pack. We have a week off but I want more time. I grab my backpack and suitcase, running out of my room and downstairs. "Hey Kami! Where ya going?" Sero calls out, sitting with Kiri. "I'm visiting a friend," I shout as I run out the door. I fly down the sidewalk and into the train station. I sit down, setting my bags between my legs. I fidget nervously, wondering if she'll be ok with this. After all, she goes to a private boarding school. They might not allow visitors, so this might be been a waste.
I get lost in thought, not realizing I've already gotten inside the airport. I pull out my phone to load the ticket and go through the process. In all honesty, I zoned out. I auto piloted through the airport and found myself in a seat by the window.
In no time, the plane landed and I almost jumped out of my seat. I feel my heart pound and stomach twist as the thought of meeting her crossed my mind. Again, I find myself outside the airport with my bags in tow. I grab out my phone and text her.

Hey, would you mind if I
visited?

No! I would love it!
When can you come?

Today

WHAT

I begin the walk to a nearby hotel, which isn't all that near. I rent a room and set up there before catching a cab to her school. I know there's Uber and Lyft, but I saw a cab outside and thought it'd be simpler. It wasn't. He got lost and made me pay a lot more than I should've. I sigh as I step out and lean against the school fence. It's a pretty brick pattern with a metal gate at the entrance.

Hey giiiirl

You weren't serious about
the visit? Right? I'm coming
to the gate right now, I
swear to Jesus...

I run to the gate before hitting someone. "Aw jeez! I'm sorry!" I check them before realizing. "Y/N?!" "Denki!?" We stare in shock before hugging. "YOU'RE CRAZY KAMINARI!" She laughs as I squeeze her and lift her into the air. She squeals with delight and wraps her arms around my neck.
"I couldn't wait to see you! I had to come now!" She laughs as I set her down, "I see." She smiles bright and I blush. She seems to take note and smirks. "Heyyyyy," she finger guns. Shes about to try a pick up line. "Did you know the alphabet has 20 letter?" "No actually, it has 26. You forgot " u r a q t," I reply with a wink as I hold his chin up. She blushes and groans, "Let me flirt damn it!" I chuckle and kiss her softly. She blushes harder and mumbles. "Sorry honey, didn't hear ya," I grin. She mumbles slightly louder. "One more time?" She grips the hem of her shirt and announces, "I love you Denki!" I smile and hug her waist, "Why you should've said so, Y/N!" I kiss her again, this time she kisses back. I pull back and giggle at her smitten expression. "Sh-Shush!"
I pick her up bridal style and give her soft kisses on her cheeks as she laughs. "MS. L/N!" I jump and turn around to see a cranky looking woman.
"Just what do you think you're doing? And who is," she pauses, scrunching up her face, "THIS?" I set her down as she lowers her head, "Sorry Ma'am, just a long distance friend." She scowls at me, "Well I hope you know she doesn't need anything to distract her from her studies," she grabs her arm. "Good day sir!" She storms back inside the gates as Y/N turns her head and winks at me.

1034 Words     8/03/2020