Chapter two

Mary Williams

Seconds turned into minutes, minutes into hours, hours into days, days into week and I could still feel hands working on me. Hands that tried to revive me. I had lost too much blood- almost leaving no drops of blood in my veins.

Me coming back to life was hard- was painful.

I thought it all to be a dream, a nightmare. I thought I was just fast asleep and would wake up anytime soon. But no- the dream just seemed to continue.

And in that dream I was in a room, a beautifully decorated large room- like those in the movie castles. And in that dream an angel was watching over me- a beautiful angel.

Some things she did made me feel better but others brought me pain. She was not alone though. Their were some other people present in the room. I could feel them staring, gawking at me with eyes that could pierce a soul. Their presence in the room reeked of dominance, power, authority and sovereignty. They made me feel like a thanksgiving turkey about to be fed on by a family of nine.

Each time I opened my eyes, the angel would give me a gentle frown and I'd close my eyes again. I wanted to wake up, but it felt as if a strong force beyond my control and power was compelling me to sleep some more. I finally woke up to the sound of someone calling to me in a small still voice and tapping lightly on my arm.

I took in a deep breath and the smell of antiseptic and medicine rushed up my nostril making my stomach churn up in disgust.

It felt like I was in a hospital but I wasn't. I wished I wasn't due to the fact of always having to live in the hospital for the first seven years of my life. I was always sick, always reacting to every little thing. But after those years- it stopped. All my sickness and allergies stopped attacking me. It was a miracle! I never got sick again. Not even for once!.

I peeled my eyelids open slowly, hoping my memories and nose were deceiving me, but they were not. I was in a magnificent room, i wasn't home at all. The room looked like the one in my countless dreams.

The first thing my eyes could make was a blackish red coloured bag filled with something I thought was blood- thick red blood, hanging on a metal stand.

The liquid dripped slowly down a tube and I imagined hearing each drop plop down like a fat raindrop.

I knew it was a IV line. My eyes travelled down the line till they fell on my hand where the line was inserted.

"Hello..." A soft voice said, I looked away from my wrist- my eyes falling on a middle aged blonde woman who stood next to me. She had her blonde hair up in a pony tail- dressed in a white plaid shirt over black pants. She looked  and sounded friendly than those demons that stared me wickedly in my dreams.

"Can you see me?," She came forward then she cupped my chin and gently turned my face towards hers, "I'm Bethany and you're in the Griffin mansion. You're safe".

Safe?

Her last words rang in my head like an ambulance van, a school bell, a police siren.

The nauseting feeling of fear hit me once again. My memories bringing back to me the horrible pain I had felt that night. It felt like I went to hell and came back.

The pains were all gone but now I felt feverish, felt like I was coming down with a very high fever, I felt the thumping headache In my head double up, I felt my body burn up.

I tried to speak but my but my throat felt dry.

Where was I?

Who were those who kidnapped me?