Chapter six

Hundreds of yards away from the Griffin mansion — still in Pennsylvania but under the now darkened, stormy cloud stood  Xavier Alejandro, a hot looking man in his early thirties with dark brown hair, pale green eyes and a rugged look, he was staring up at the darkened clouds with his back leaned against the bonnet of his bronze Audi- the anger in his expression hard to miss.

The wind was blowing hard, and the rain glistened on his face. Soon it would be pouring down. It was very dark, the clouds now covering the whole sky and obscuring the moon and the stars.

Xavier sniffled, then he shoved his cold hands into the pocket of his ski jacket. The cold night seemed to be harshly seeping into his really thick skin.

He hated rainy nights- so bad. Rainy nights to him always brought back bad memories of the past.

He did not like these nights so much, where the wind was high and the cold was sickening and the rain was biting harder and harder. He did not like the wind intermingling of sounds, the chaotic drama of noise and the huge pressure of the wind and the piercing of the rain. Leaning away from his car and standing upright, he took in a sharp breath doing nothing to dismiss of the bad, painful memories that flashed through his head.

Then taking a last look at the dark clouds that now released harshly on the earth an army of heavy rain, he let out a cuss word, cussed in a very thick German accent at the pouring sky. The rain was now starting to beat harshly on him, quickly, speedily wetting his clothes. Slowly he made his way towards a fairly lit cottage house that stood in the middle of the woods, a cottage that belonged to a family of nine. He went in through the back door leading him straight into the light, warm kitchen then he shut and bolted the door behind him.

The family were not asleep yet for they still sat round the dining table simply enjoying their family game night. Right across the room, fire crackled loudly and a teenage girl with dark brown hair and similar pale green eyes to that of Xavier sat in front of the fire while staring at a small picture portrait in her hands, the chattering sound and laughter of her other family members sounding like sorrow in her ears and striking her heart with pain.

Xavier ignored her, took off his jacket revealing a slightly wet faded blue black body hugging shirt that clung unto his muscular body like a second skin. He flung it across the kitchen, the jacket landing directly on the sofa in the living room. Noting his aim as straight, he smirked then he walked upto the window, staring out into the pouring rain. The rain clashing with window pane and the sky now lighting up with thunder strikes.

The family members seemed to be oblivious of his presence as they continued to have fun playing the game cross word puzzle.

Xavier continued to stare out the window, his hands now folded and his body slowly heating up.

Two weeks since he moved to Pennsylvania from England along with his family and he still couldn't lay his finger on any interesting activity. He still couldn't fathom the reason why Jaja had ordered them to move immediately. Sure he did want to prophecy to come to pass,  he seriously wanted to see his daughter's dream manifest. He did want to meet his true love again but all seemed just like a dream that was never going to manifest. He could had just stayed back in England if not for his daughter's persistence and his urge to make her happy. He needed to make her happy,  wanted to see her happy- at all cost.

Xavier continued  to watch as the rain drops raced down the window pane one after the other with grief in his heart.  The day his daughter's mother had died was also a stormy night,  the night he lost a battle to his enemies,  the night he acquired that large scar on his left shoulder,  the night he had cowardly walked away with nothing but his three months old baby girl- Marietta Alejandro. But now he was back, back to fight back till his last breath, back to take back what was stolen from him,  what was rightfully his, his soul mate, his precious gem. He would do anything to have her back,  to bond back with her.