Chapter three

Mary Williams.

A voice was speaking, a silky soft familiar voice. Calling out to me in small whispers- whispers that seemed to me far away.

My breathing; I could hear my breathing.

Slow, deep and steady.

I continued to relax my nerves, continued to calm my tensed muscles.

I blinked, then I fixed my eyes on the long fluffy looking hair that dangled over me - slightly tousled blonde hair.

Someone was leaning over, a small feminine hand waving at me.

"Hello? Hello?", she seemed to say, words that sounded distance.

"Can you hear me? Can you hear me?".

Well.

I continued my slow, deep and steady breathing, blinking my eyes over and over again.

I stared at her, auburn brows rose over her cool deep brown eyes- she was frowning, her brows furrowed in confusion.

Confused at why and how I could zone her out that much.

My place of specialty.

I was used to it- zoning people out each time they start to get on my nerves, each time my heart leapt with fear.

But this time I was zoning her out of fear.

'Zone out the world,'

'Zone out the stupid world, zone out your fears- along with the world'.

I continued to listen to my grandma's old breaking voice in my head. The almost fading memory playing back in my head, pictures of my grandma sitting by the window, knitting on her rocking chair, rocking back and forth while she sings out loud.

I felt a hand tap me gently, as gentle as the feeling of feathers against your skin.

I took in a last breath- a big, slow, heavy breath then I blinked my eyes- the grey pictures now coloring in.

"Can you hear me...?" Bethany asked again, before sighing, her brows still furrowed in confusion.

"Yes I can," I nodded slowly then I sat up on the bed, careful not to rip the IV line off this time again. "I'm fine".

She blinked her eyes then she let out this really long relieving breath, "I... I thought I almost lost you. Your pulse... I almost couldn't find your pulse and I thought you were almost dead".

Oh.

She must be a nurse,

Or, or...

a doctor here in Pennsylvania.

"Are you a nurse?" My voice came out hoarse.

"No, I'm a doctor. I own a hospital here in Bensalem,"
She smiled, then she sat down on the wooden chair next to me. "Come on I've got to ask you some questions, are you in?".

I nodded again, then I hugged my knees into my chest- resting my chin on it.

"Tell me your name," She demanded. "Your full name?".

"Mary Aggatha Williams".

Of course I happened to have such a weird middle name.

When you have a weird granny- you have a weirder middle name. Aggatha with double g's instead of one.