Chapter five

Max Hawkley Griffin...

Hawk watched her through narrowed lids as she reluctantly complied with his suggestion, the movement of her graceful hand economic, her slender body willowy- apart from the pert fullness of her breast as they thrust against her sport bra. Something that greatly moved him. She wasn't in his hoodie anymore but was still clad in his sweat pants. Sweat pants that was almost too big for her. Even still- her hips were still so noticeable and eye catching.

He could sense the fear, the fear that came from her in full force.

She wanted to run- he could feel that. To plead with him to spare her life- he could sense that too.

But he would never hurt this girl- not in his eternal life. Neither would he allow his brothers ever hurt her again. Never! Not as long as he lived.

He waited until she had seated herself on the stool opposite, her gaze not quite meeting his, before speaking again.

"Perhaps we should start with your name?" He invited mildly.

Mary looked up, then she pressed her lips together in a tight squeeze, trying not to yell at the man for asking her such a trivial question when she was dying of hunger. She let her gaze drop from him, then she thought.

'Yeah my name. Ask my name you idiot! When I'm dying to eat something.'

It shouldn't have being a difficult question, but never the less Hawk sensed her hesitation, the slightly searching look she gave him before answering.

"Mary," she finally told him, clamping her hands together in each other. "Or Aggatha, if you wish to."

Hawk kept his expression deliberately mild. "Mary Aggatha what?".

He knew the answers to this questions. Cause he had purposely asked Bethany to fill him in on the girl's bio. Blackmailed Bethany into giving him almost all the information he needed about the girl his brothers had fed on two weeks ago. He just wasn't satisfied.

"Look, Mr Griffin..." She looked up at him, obviously uncomfortable with his questioning. For a minute there he thought he sensed a bit of boldness coming up from her, but it soon vanished. She looked away from his burning eyes, then spoke politely- again! "I think you should let me go back upstairs or better still feed me some food if you need reasonable answers from me, please."

Food!

The word crossed his mind and he could almost imagine how hungry the poor girl would definitely be since he had purposely delayed Harley from taking in food for her in high hopes of the girl coming down to get something herself and she did! His ten seconds plan actually worked, so perfectly well.

And he actually had more plans for her. He had ordered a box of pizza immediately his siblings left for the Griffin family hunt. A box of pizza that arrived a bit too soon, perfect time before she woke up from her sleep. So he eyed Mary one more time before letting out a teasing smile.

"Are you really hungry? Cause if you are, I'm sorry but you're probably going to starve to death..." He stopped to access the terrified look on her face before speaking on. "This is the Griffin mansion. We're vampires, we hardly eat human food. So where do you expect me to get food this late at night?"

Mary eyes lit up with anger. "You've gotta be kidding me!" She  was almost yelling, hunger seemingly cooking up a bit of boldness on her. "You and your brothers brought me here. You should have thought of that before abducting me!"

He was soon grinning mischievously. "You're not my burden. So I don't have to take care of your problems. Reece should and also we had expected you to die. You're still alive and that is a miracle."