Chapter four

. Mary Williams..

'Welcome home Ms Lorrimer Mcinnes'

The inscription on the sign board read, written in something I thought was blood, dark thick red blood.

Taking in a deep breath, I continued to walk on towards the cabin that stood in the middle of the wheat field.

What was I doing in the field?- I had no idea.

Who the fuck Lorrimer McInnes was? - it never occoured to me.

Why I was always walking towards that cabin and never reaching it- I didn't understand.

Sure i was heading towards a Lorrimer's home but I had no idea why. The field smelt fresh and nature like- a smell that seemed too familiar to my nostril, the wind blew slightly making the wheat field dance in accordance to wherever direction the wind came from. I brushed my hands over the wheat field, loving the tingling feeling of it against my palm.

I felt like I was heading home, felt like some people were supposed to stand out the cabin door and wait for me, felt like I was supposed to be buried into a fat woman's arms as soon as I got to the door. Hugging her as tight as I could, explaining my ordeal to her.

The sign post wasn't new to me, neither was the wheat field, the woods behind me or that dusty old cabin.

I sighed- Once, twice, thrice then I stared down at my blood soaked outdated white gown which had now turn red due to the blood that soaked every part of it, blood that was smeared across my face, my neck, my arms. The blood wasn't mine- oh no but still I wondered why I'd done that.

Why I'd ripped off the head of that funny looking man dressed in an outdated waist coat, dressed like a man from the years before civilization.

Mr Dougie- his name still occoured to me but why I had flung him across the bakery window and drained out every blood in him never did occur to me.

"I'm not a monster..." I muttered to myself before sighing. The feeling of regret, guilt and remorse biting hard at my heart. "Mr Dougie deserved it. He tried to take my pride away just for a bagel and a loaf of bread. He's a pervert, a child abuser".

I continued to walk towards the cabin, the hot morning sun heating up my body.

"Mother will forgive me..." I told myself again. "I haven't killed anyone since the last harvest season. Hawk will make a plea on my behalf and when the wolves come seeking for who killed Mr Dougie. I and Hawkley would escape from Whistle creek".

"Yes... Yes, perhaps we can go to a far away town. Very far from whistle creek where the vampire council and werewolves wouldn't be able to find us".

I increased my pace in walking, a small victory smile stretching across my lips at my brilliant idea.

"Yes.. Yes..." I muttered to myself again. "Exactly that will do".

I walked upto the old cabin door, wrapping my knuckles- I made to knock but was interrupted by the harsh groaning sound of the sky as it rumbled. The atmosphere had changed, the scorching sun had quickly gone into hiding and it felt like a storm was coming. A big storm. I let out a loud gasp as the sky rumbled louder, the bright morning view quickly turning into a thick dark morning. Darkness immediately clotting the light.

My breathing increased rapidly into a faster fear filled one, i turned my gaze back to the cabin house but it was now far away, so far away from me again. It now looked thousands of miles away and now I was back, back to standing in front of the bloody sign board that now read out.