Chapter Two: Tense Reunion

Warning: This chapter mentions murder and sexual assault.

The establishment didn't look bad, it looked neat and orderly. Awfully smaller than what Jirou was used to. Reverberance was huge with a skyscraper building filled with around 25 floors. This building however, only had five, six if you included the basement.

She stepped out of her taxi, thanking the driver as she gazed at the navy plaque above the doorway. She had a hand hooked around a duffle bag, used to carry her hero equipment and uniform. Another hand had a thick binder full of information on the case she was currently assigned. Dressed in plain jeans and a black coat, she entered the building. Her dark combat boots seemed to tap with authoritative presence as soon as the front desk secretary noticed her walk in.

"Oh, the amazing Aux has finally arrived," the secretary greeted politely. "We have Sharpshooter here to escort you," the brunette gestured toward a towering man near the desk. He had deep, jet black hair filled with aged streaks of grey, tied into a ponytail like her own. He appeared old, but held a strong jaw with wide built shoulders and had piercing orange eyes to match. Despite his age, he looked intimidating. Quite the same could be said for herself. Although she was young, the power she held in her hero name itself was enough to cool the man's usual fierce and distant attitude.

"Welcome Aux Cord, we're glad to have you here," the man stated respectfully, holding out a hand. "I am Seikakuna Mokuteki, Sharpshooter."

Jirou shook the man's hand as well as the secretary's. "Referring to my hero name is unnecessary, Jirou is my last name."

The man nodded and began walking down a hall. The building didn't seem as alive as she was used to seeing at her home agency. These halls were navigable. It could've just been that Ignition was a much smaller agency than Reverberance was, but it was mostly due to the fact that offices opened at 9 AM and it was currently 8:01.

"We have the keys to your locker prepared, the women's locker-room is right this way," Mokuteki exclaimed as they reached a new corridor which split into two rooms; a locker-room for men, and the opposite for women. Mokuteki held out a set of keys for her, one for her locker, another being a spare. She took the keys, which had a number attached to the ringlet keeping them together. Number 27.

"I'll be waiting to take you upstairs to meet the rest of the team, miss Jirou," Mokuteki added before she slipped inside.

Rows of blue lockers lined the walls, they were about her height, a little bit taller. She followed the numbered signs and found her own, opening it to find there were three shelves, one at the bottom for shoes, one in the center for clothing and another at the top just above her head. She set her bag inside and arranged her things, slipping off her black coat to reveal a maroon colored short sleeve with a neckline designed with crossed pieces of black fabirc. Closing her locker and returning outside after 3 minutes, Mokuteki was waiting patiently to lead her to the elevator.

"How many people are currently on your head team?" Jirou asked to start a conversation.

"Seven, with the addition of you, eight," Mokuteki responded.

"Oh," Jirou answered with surprise.

"I assume that's a far smaller number than what you'd expect," Mokuteki blew a puff of air from his nostrils, looking over at her.

"Oh no- I mean, yes, it is-" Jirou panicked, feeling embarrassed. "But I'm just wondering, how do you have such a high success rate with a team so small?"

Ignition may have been an older, slowing agency, but they were known for having an above average success rate compared to most agencies.

"When you meet them, you'll know my dear," Mokuteki replied with honesty. "Our younger recruits may have just been what saved this agency, as much as I hate to admit it."