Chapter Four: Next Clue

Warning: This chapter contains mentions of rape, assault, murder and drugs.

"Sergeant Spectrum?" A woman's voice called to the ghostly man.

"Yes?"

"Well, we have the autopsy results. . .and it's exactly what we feared," the medical examiner exclaimed with worry in her tone. "Both women were raped, severe injuries on their necks determine to how they died through strangulation before they were burned, and checking their blood, they were also found to have GHB within their systems."

"Killed before they were burned? So they were burned as an attempt to get rid of evidence," Mokuteki said solemnly.

The Sergeant gave a sigh, gazing sadly at the covered body on the table next to him.

-

The car ride was dead silent.

Sero was nice enough to give Kaminari the nice coupe to drive this time, but nothing could make this day any better from how terrible it currently was. Kaminari was tapping his fingers long the wheel, his thoughts currently somewhere else.

All he could think about was keeping himself composed, but the more he thought about it, the harder it became.

"Left," Jirou's voice randomly spoke out of no where. "Left, left, what are you doing?"

"Shit," Kaminari cursed to himself after blinking back into the real world.

"You missed the turn, are you kidding?" Jirou facepalmed herself. "That's the 3rd missed turn, are you expecting to get to Emiko's house at midnight?"

"I'll make a turn somewhere, just be patient," Kaminari couldn't help but answer back with irritancy.

"Should've let me drive, you're a safety hazard on the road anyway," Jirou had her legs crossed and her arms folded over one another as she glared out the window.

"You being demeaning isn't helping," Kaminari spoke with furrowed brows. he paused at a stop light, rubbing his face.

"Make a U-turn," Jirou pointed toward a store up ahead with a parking lot.

"I don't know if you've noticed, but we're stopped," Kaminari gripped the wheel, his lips forming a tight line as he held in his growing annoyance.

"I'm telling you for when the light isn't red, have some common sense," she retorted with a bluntness that seemed to sting him.

From across the intersection, an older couple watched as the two argued from inside the car. Kaminari seemed to be making gestures with his hands as he spoke. Jirou was facing the window, wearing a quite pissed expression. The light turned green as they argued, and they stayed still for so long the car behind them gave an aggresive honk. They both flinched as Kaminari abruptly pulled forward. The couple watched as Jirou was pressed into her seat, yelling something inaudible when the car lurched forward from the sudden increase in speed. The couple shrugged from their seats at an ourdoor diner, continuing their peaceful meal.

"RIGHT, TO THE RIGHT, THE PARKING LOT IS RIGHT," Jirou gripped onto her seat, now wearing a terrified expression.

Kaminari made an annoyed grunt, abruptly pulling right to reach the parking lot, startling an exiting driver with how wide he swerved into their lane. He pulled to a clear spot, devoid of other vehicles and completely spanning over 4 parking spots. He slammed on the brake, making them both reel forward from the momentum.

Both of them drew in a few panicked breathes, taking in their glance at death with several near-car accidents. Jirou placed a hand on her door handle, staring at the floor with wide eyes.