Chapter Sixteen: Forgiveness

"You look like you're hurting yourself thinking that hard," Sero's voice travelled from across the hall.

Kaminari blinked and looked over to Sero, who was wrapping a thin coat around himself before they left Ignition.

"I know what you're thinking, if you have something to say, then say it," Sero added. "She leaves before Wednesday you know."

"Wednesday?"

"Wednesday. Which means, you sir, still have time."

Kaminari had taken his coat off the rack and slipped it on around his arms, leaving out the door with his friend.

Ignition was quiet this evening. Their biggest case after all had just ended, and pretty soon things would return just like normal.

"I know I shouldn't be in your business, but..." Sero clicked the elevator button.

"But?"

"But I really think you should've heard her song," he finished, stepping inside the elevator and pressing the ground floor button.

"Why would you remind me of that," Kaminari angrily facepalmed himself, reminiscing in those terrible memories.

"No, I mean, the lyrics. You should've heard the song lyrics," Sero repeated.

"Why are you bringing this up?"

"I've never told you this, in fact, I don't think anyone else from our class had. Time was never right, and to top it off, you two never seemed to make up." Sero spoke solemnly. "She once told Mina that the song she was writing for that show was meant for someone special, who that was, she never told."

Kaminari stared at his blurred reflection on the metallic elevator walls.

"I'm pretty sure she wrote that song for you," Sero then added.

"You're making me feel worse right now, I hope you know that."

"It's only Sunday," Sero exclaimed as they exited the building. "You still have time." He repeated with a nod, pat his shoulder and then split off toward his own apartment, leaving Kaminari alone with his thoughts on the front sidewalk of Ignition Agencies.

-

Kaba Gasu and Sutoretchi Ude, the serial rapists who ended up taking away the lives of 6 women, were both charged with 6 counts of sexual battery, along with 2 counts of auto theft. Both will be held in Tokyo prison until the date of their death penalty.

The lives of Anishka Suzuki, 23; Shiori Kojima, 22; Hotaru Iwasaki, 23; Kazumi Onishi, 24; Emiko Sakai 22 and Natsumi Kudo, 24, will always be held in memory.

All families were invited to the mens' execution.

Ignition Agency actually ended up receiving a lot more press, so much so that they needed to block the street off from news outlets, journalists and camera crews. Another interview date was set for Tuesday, the day before Jirou left the agency, as well as a surprise for her the Investigation Team had in the works.

Everything seemed to complete itself one by one.

Almost everything.

-

Jirou traced her eyes along the dull, grey tiles of the hospital ceiling above her. She would've only been staying in the hospital for the day, she'd be discharged by tonight.

Her neck felt sore, her wrists felt sore, her shoulder blade felt sore, her entire body felt sore. It somewhat hurt to talk, but her bottom lip was healing fairly quickly and felt a lot better than yesterday night.