Chapter Twelve: Proposed Plan

"You said what," Kaminari pulled Sero by the shirt.

"I didn't know what to fucking say," Sero defended himself as Kaminari roughly let go of him. "You put me on the spot. I had to think of something, and that was what I said."

Kaminari dragged his palm across his face, trying to hide the embarrassment written all over it. He took his coat off it's hook and slammed his locker shut.

"Kaminari," Sero trailed after him as he hurriedly whipped around a corner. "I'm sorry, okay, I owe you another one."

He ignored Sero.

"Hey, you still owe me an explanation though!"

"Stop following me," Kaminari slipped his arms through his coat and burst out of the locker rooms, hoping if he were fast enough no one would talk to him.

Sadly though, Sero didn't stop following him, and even sadder, someone else came up to him.

"Hey Kaminari, you're okay now, right?" Ashido had tapped his shoulder just before he left the building, causing Sero to run into him.

"I'm fine," Kaminari huffed.

"Oh, because I have medicine I'd totally offer, it's just in my locker-"

"No, I'm great, thanks," he quickly pushed out the door and whisked himself into the cool, night air.

Ashido looked back to Sero.

"I don't know about you, but I feel fine after eating that cheesecake, I hope Jirou or Karada are okay," Ashido shrugged. "Now let's go already, I expected a package to come today and I wanna open it real badly."

Sero sighed at Kaminari's figure travelling down the street, then left with Ashido toward the garage.

"Could've said anything else, 'Oh, he ran over a squirrel, oh, there was construction and they had to go around it-'" Kaminari muttered to himself with his hands shoved into his pockets before multiple blips from his phone distracted him.

New texts illuminated his face in the darkened hours of the evening.

'I'm sorry, I panicked, at least covered for you.'

'But um, explanation?'

Kaminari let out an audible groan of annoyance before he rammed into someone.

Jirou fumbled off the sidewalk and onto the road, her bag and work file spreading along the ground. She started to reach for them before headlights startled her and a long, drawn out car horn made her eyes go wide and her body go stiff. Kaminari lurched forward and yanked her arm back, watching the taxi in front of her screech to a halt as he bear hugged her into his chest.

"The fuck are you doing!" The taxi driver angrily honked and pulled up their window, driving off.

"I'm sorry," a familiar voice sounded winded out and just as panicked as she was feeling. She pulled away from the person's grip and fixed her shirt, both of them exhaling foggy, quick, breaths.

"You should watch where you're going," she said softly despite her irritated facial expression. She turned back to reach for her things, feeling something poke her arm. She found Kaminari kneeling on the pavement beside her, she took the papers he'd handed her and stuffed them back into it's binder, looped her bag around a shoulder and quickly stepped back onto the sidewalk.

"Uh, again, I'm sorry," Kaminari uttered before she started walking away.

She forced a puff of air through her mouth, then muttered a more quiet "You're fine."