6 - Strange

"Why would they kill all of us?" A little boy asked his father with his forehead creased. He was curious about his answer.

"They want us gone. They believe that they are superior and they don't want our existence," the father answered his son before sipping the wine in his champagne glass. The man once again glanced the view down from the balcony before he turned around to face his curious young boy.

The confusion was still visible in the boy's eyes but the Father saw the hint of anger inside him. It made him smirk. It was his purpose, after all, to plant rage and darkness into his son.

"You are the future King of this Kingdom, Raven," he worded that made the young boy look at him. Hearing those from his father made him feel so powerful. So powerful like he was the most inevitable person in the room, which is what he always dreamed of.

"I wouldn't let them overpower us, Father," the boy stated with too much competence and confidence. His eyes were darkly glaring afar that was perfectly matched with an ambitious grin.

It made his father let a chuckle out, a chuckle full of darkness that will make everyone quiver in fear. Wickedness was visible in his son even having a young age of seven.

'I did not name him from the darkness without him being one,' he thought.

"What should I do then?" The boy asked him.

"Win the war, kill them all."

The young boy was surprised by those frank words of his father but he didn't show any trail of it. He remained still. Even at a young age, he knew how to satisfy his stern father by words.

"I will, father."

E L E A N O R

I didn't know how I exactly got here.

A week have passed and everything was exhausting. The day after this will be the day of coronation. The day that I will be officially crowned as a Princess.

Sa buong linggong lumipas ay ang paghahanda para sa bagay na 'yon ang inatupag ko.

Hindi ko pa rin nakakasalamuha o nakikita man lang ang kapatid ko sa buong palasyo. Ni hindi ko maramdaman na nasa isang bubong kami naninirahan eh.

I kept on wondering of what she is like. Kung mabait ba siya sa'kin? Masayahin kaya siya? O kagaya siya ni Dhara na masungit?

Wala eh, hindi pa kami napapag-isipang pagtagpuin ni tadhana.

Gano'n pa rin ang turing sa'kin ng lahat pati ng mga handmaiden ko. Tinuturing pa rin nila akong nakakataas na tao, I still haven't made friends.

Sa buong linggong din 'yon ay bihira ko nang nakita ang aking Ama. He was most probably too busy with his responsibilities as a King.

Puro pagsasanay kung paano maging isang ganap na Prinsesa ang ginawa ko sa buong linggo.

I have practiced walking in high heels, heavy books on top of my head while I was wearing a heavy and uncomfortable gown with a lot of petticoats and corsets.

Miss Beatrice taught me how to smile like a Princess, talk like a Princess, and behave like a Princess.

Mabigat para sa'kin na gawin ang mga bagay na 'yon dahil pakiramdam ko'y dinidigtahan nila ako at pinagbabawalang ilabas ang tunay kong pagkatao.

I usually smile genuinely and ear to ear but now, they want me to smile demurely. They want me to look reserved and act as if I was the most modest person in the world.