ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟚𝟜 • ℙ𝕖𝕣𝕗𝕖𝕔𝕥...

"You had a panic attack."

The words rang through my head and were hard to grasp. My head and my body were suddenly tired and I felt my body start to shut down. I felt like an iPhone going into Low Power Mode, about to shut off.

"Hey, hey, hey, it's okay... You're okay... You're safe... You're with your friends, in Florida, you just ate, it's okay..." Brielle's calming voice soothed me and I immediately recognized each word as part of the HALT method she had learned a few years prior. I looked right at her and the tears forming in my eyes were drying up.

"Inhala... exhala..." We took deep breaths together and I immediately felt my tensed up body start to relax. After confirming that I was feeling better, a strong grip held onto my shoulders and started shaking my body.

"What the hell happened?"

"I-I s-saw... him..."

"Who?" The name sat caught in the back of my throat. I couldn't even bring myself to say his name. I must look so pathetic right now...

"Luke."

"What?"

Brielle's face went pale and seemed to blend in with the wide eyes she had. Her hands left my shoulders as she scurried off the floor and threw open the door of the sub shop.

The scene left us silent and still, not knowing exactly what to do, so I tried to use the last little bit of energy I had left to stand myself up and into a chair. In the chaos of everything, I had only just now realized that we were all sitting and crouching on the dirty floor.

I slumped into one of the bright red plastic chairs as Mark stated that he was going to go outside to check on Brielle and make sure she hadn't run away from us. Katlyn used his exit to excuse herself to go to the bathroom, leaving me alone with Jack.

The same guy I had been having a moment with before I had a panic attack.

"God, what is wrong with me?" I quietly scolded myself as I hid my embarrassed face in my hands and rested my elbows on my thighs. As the memory of what just occurred bounced in my head, I felt my elbows dig deeper into the skin on my thighs. There might as well be bruises there once I lift up my arms.

"Nothing's wrong with you, Y/n," I looked up to realize it was the comforting Irish accent I had grown so fond of over the last couple of weeks, sitting right next to me in one of the restaurant's chairs. I lightly rolled my eyes with a knowing smile on my face, silently refusing his statement.

Before he could say anything else, I stopped him with a yawn accidentally escaping my body and my eyelids growing heavy. I stretched my arms out, straight in front of me, before relaxing back into the chair and leaning on Jack's shoulder.

I shut my practically closed eyes and started to slow my breathing when I felt a soft pair of lips touch my forehead.

I forced my eyes open once more to look up at the blushing bastard. I couldn't help but smile at how adorable he looked and no matter how hard I tried to resist, I couldn't fight the desire to deepen the color of his bluch. Even if it meant causing some to appear on my face too.

I lifted my head just enough to place a small peck of my own on his cheeks before going back down and resting my head back on his shoulder. I closed my eyes once again and felt an arm snake around me and pull me closer to Jack's side.

I took this as an invite to cuddle myself closer to Jack's side as he kept his protective hold around my body.

It was warm. I felt fuzzy.

It was new and exciting.

But safe and comfortable at the same time.

This... this is what it's supposed to feel like...