20

Previously on The Office...

Y/n's older brother Liam stops by and pays his sister a visit.

。˚۰˚☽˚⁀➷。

Once Liam eats his food, he stays for a couple of more hours before getting a call from Sheila and leaving.

It was nice to see my older brother, even if it was only a short amount of time.

•         •        •

The next day, I wake up extremely early.

Despite my attempts to fall back asleep, I can't stop tossing and turning in my bed.

I reach over it my nightstand that's next to me and I grab my phone and check the time.

"What the fuck!" I state as I place my phone back onto the nightstand. "It's barely three in the morning!"

Multiple hours later, I slowly roll out of bed and drag my feet towards my pile of boxes in the corner of the room.

I pick out an outfit for work and put the clothes on my body.

After an hour or so, I am ready for work.

• • •

When I arrive at work, I have ten minutes to spare.

I walk up to Randy's desk and he glances at me from behind his computer.

"Hey Y/n, how are you doing today?"

"I'm going good, how about yourself?"

Randy makes a face that reads 'eh, not so great' but doesn't get into why he's mad, sad, frustrated, etcetera.

Randy's phone rings and he looks at me.

"I needa take this, I'll talk to you later!"

Randy picks up the phone and I walk towards the elevator swiping my keycard.

The doors open with a ding and I step inside.

"Wait! Hold the doors!" I hear a familiar voice call out.

I quickly press the doors open button and the doors to the elevator open up just in time.

Ellio...I mean Mr.Witt steps inside of the elevator and he stands next to me.

"Good morning gorgeous, how're you feelin today?" He asked as he straightens up his suit.

"I'm fine and you?"

"I'm fine too." Elliot states as he smirks. "But of course, you ready know that!"

I chuckle at his joke and he glances around the elevator confused.

"Uh, why aren't we moving?" Mr.Witt asked.

I raise an eyebrow and look around the elevator.

"Oh shit, I forgot to click the button!" I exclaim as I quickly press the button to the top floor.

"Come on Y/n," Mr. Witt states as he playfully shoves my arm.

I shove him back attempting to hide my smile.

"I may be out of it today, I barely got any sleep last night." I state as I close my eyes and let out a yawn.

"That's fine, you shouldn't have a busy day today anyway."

The doors ding open and Mr.Witt moves his hand, signaling me to walk out before him.

I nod my head before muttering a thank you and walking out the elevator.

We make it up to Elliots office and he immediately walks over to his landline phone picking it up.

He types a few numbers before glancing at me.

"Uh-" he clears his throat before speaking again. "Can I get some privacy?"

I nod my head walking towards the elevator.

"Just call me on the headset if you need me!" I reply with a smile.

The elevator opens and I take it all the way down to the staff lounge.

I see Loba grabbing something from the vending machine as she talks to two other girls.

I walk over to them and I say hello.

"Hey! Y/n, right?" Loba asked.

I nod my head and smile.

"Nice to meet ya, ma name's Ajay!" A women with two space buns in her hair says as she puts out her hand for me to shake.

"I'm Renee." Another women says. "I have a job to do, so I'll catch see you around."

Renee walks out of the lounge and Loba looks at me.

"So," Loba states with a smile. "A little birdy told me that they saw you and Elliot together in his car."

"Don't tell me you and Elliot are over there doin' the tango wango." Ajay sighs, her Jamaican accent coming off strong.

"No no no, I'm not sleeping with our boss!" I let out a chuckle. "What am I, crazy?"

• • •