Chapter 3 ~ Explosions

It had been almost six montus since you where promoted. The extra stress led to you being tired most of the time, so, when got home early you collapsed into bed and two seconds later after falling asleep you where woken by an explosion.

'God damn it' you grumble, getting up your windows were smashed and ruble was on the road.

You sigh and walk up to see Sherlock who had sat on a seat. 'Ahh sit down' he said smiling  'There was an explosion' you stated. 'Thanks for stating the obvious' he laughed.

You where questioned by the police and sat back on the couch in Sherlock's apartment as yours was very damaged. You fell asleep on the couch and was woken by John's voice.

You yawn 'Damn I'm shattered' you mumble. 'Oh, sir' you say. Mycroft sat opposite you. He looked at you and half smiled at you. He looked back at Sherlock and he carried on talking.

'If Sherlock wouldn't do it' you pipped up 'Can't I?' you ask.

'No' Mycroft said 'The Korean elections are coming up, and I need you at the office'

John raised his eyebrows and you nodded. Sherlock denied helping and serenaded Mycroft with violin sqweks as he walked out. '(y/n), I will be awaiting you at a car outside. I need to discuss something with you'. You nod and wave at the two  'Bye boys, don't get into too much trouble' you giggle.

Leaving the apartments, mycroft opened the car door for you and you sat as he went round and sat next to you. The car moved on and Mycroft looked at you.

'Your father stepped down today' Mycroft stated 'he said, "he was getting to old for this and would prefer young blood in his place"

You look shocked' He didn't mention it to me' you say confused.

'Yes, well, he recommended you for his post you see' Mycroft carried on.

You looked even more shocked 'And I agreed. You start now.' you stare at him half confused and half worried.  He looked down at you and smirked at you.

'I don't know what to say' you murmur.

'Well, you don't need to say anything.' Mycroft said.  He started to explain your duties, it was obvious there was much more to this job as it seemed. Alot of secret things which your father had never talked about. He was the council (Like Palpatine is the senate lol). This position made you just under Mycroft in power and authority. You where like the deputy prime minister, you held all the cards and called all the shots.

'Have you any, well moral qualms to what your job entails?' he asks

You shake your head he smiles 'Good, well I'm happy you have taken the job. I mean, you have been trained all your life to do it'.

'What?' you ask confused.

'The MI5 is very secretive and wants the best. So naturally we prepare those who we believe is well adequate'.

You nod 'Like Alex Rider' you say.

'Oh? Oh yes, the book series. I prefer more developed literature' Mycroft said, straightening his tie and sitting back.

'Oh yes, me too.' you say quickly. 'My little cousin enjoys reading them, so naturally I would remember the plot' you laugh 'You know, he wants to be just like Alex Rider, even the snowboarding with a ironing board. He said he would try it next time it snows. Like there is any snow in London.'you go red and read Mycroft's bemused face' sorry. I was rambling want I'

Mycroft nodded and you sat in silence. Mycroft looked at your red face 'Did you know Sherlock wanted to be a pirate' he said, a hint of playfulness in his voice.

'Wait, really?' you ask, starting to laugh 'like full on Pirates of the Caribbean?'

Mycroft nodded 'He became obsessed with treasure Island you see. He soon grew out of it though.'

You laugh and Mycroft looks down at you laughing too. 'I'm going to keep that tit bit and use it to annoy him just when the time is right'

'And I would love to watch it' Mycroft laughed.

The laughter was stopped by the car pulled up at the office. You step out and follow Mycroft in.