Chapter 9 ~ Les Miserables

Your smile as you sit in your seat as les Miserables starts. Looking at Mycroft you see his discust.

'You don't like musicals?' you ask

'The plot is wrong, story bland, music unentertaining'

'Acting so so' you add and he smirks. 'We should play a game' you say smiling and he looks at you. 'Tell me about that woman over there' you say, nodding to an elderly woman sitting a row infront.

'I don't usually like to play these games. But the boredom of this is getting to much.' Mycroft whispers he started at her for a second 'Recently divorced, in her mid 50s, does not shower as much as she needs, hiding it with cheap perfume, probably a by product of the grief. She had a cat. No three and she likes to feed them.' he snifs the air 'Salmon chunks'.

'Him' he points to a man down the isle. Looking up you think 'He looks on edge due to his tapping . He is wearing a rental suit due to the way it doesn't fit him properly and he also is most likely gay.'

'Very observant' Mycroft said 'But you missed the biggest Thing'

'He is not nervous, he is tapping to the music. Does this mean he is a critic?' you ask

'Exactly. And a bad one at that judging by the notepad has nothing written' Mycroft mentions.

The curtains rise and lights turn on. 'Half time. This has been so good do far!' Mycroft's mum exclaimed

You nod 'I especially like the one who plays inspector Javert. What a clear and powerful voice'

Mycroft's mum starts talking about how much she loves les miserables which you nod and smile to, giving little comments.

The curtains open and you look back at Mycroft who seems very bored again. You grab his hand and he flinches but relaxes. 'All this pop singing is very dull' he whispers 'I would rather watch Mozart. God I need a cigarette'.

You hand him a nicotine patch in your bag and he looks at you confused. 'I thought you may need one. Thinking about how long this is and how much you smoke'.

'Thank you' he said, putting it on he sighs.

Soon it was over and you leave the building. 'Wasn't that fun' you say, teasing Mycroft

'Oh it was. Mycroft, what was your favroate part?' his mum asked.

'I was not engaged enough to understand or care about any of the characters' Mycroft sneered.

His mum just laughed. She ruffled his hair which made him step back 'I am not a child mother' he says.

'Oh yes you are' she laughs 'come on, cheer up. Look me and your father will take you out for a meal'.

'Best not in London' you say, worrying about Magnussen

'Yes, I know a nice Italian in a small village around' Mycroft said.

His parents nod, you had explained what was going on to you and Magnussen to them and they had promised not to draw attention to themselves. Which they where obviously finding hard to do.