**Disclaimer**

This story started out as an attempt to create a short story inspired by a single song: "Breakout" by Celldweller. I found the lyrics intriguing and a whole universe was created around an escape from a prison designed to keep hackers, alt_humans, etc within its walls. Who were these Neo-Tokyans mentioned? Were they all bad? Is there dissension among their numbers? As the idea grew more songs by the same said artist (although under a different name) were added. 

What I had not anticipated was that the story would grow beyond the scope of my original design: a simple short story. The characters wanted more and eager to see where they would go, I followed their attempt all the way out into the promised world where they and their kind would be safe.  

Or so they thought.

It would seem humans are simply human, no matter where they go, and no matter how enlightened they believe they've become. 

Any resemblance to a person living or dead is completely intentional. (I apologize in advance)

The story is mine, as are most of the characters. A few I borrowed from a fanfiction made from this story! (Achievement Unlocked!) Thank you taivaan_sininen for asking permission to do this. I don't know how this would have ended up without some of those characters. (No spoilers guys!) 

I'm not making any money from this, it's just for fun. But if you want to check out Celldweller's music (anyone who is a fan of electronic rock) I would highly recommend looking him up. 

The story gets dark in some places, suicidal thoughts, prison settings, violence, etc. If These are out of your comfort zone I suggest moving on. These are real human emotions and I do try to be as honest with them as I can be.