one

the divider looks better on dark mode btw

Obanai was solely focused on the sky, swinging his feet harder and harder in an attempt to reach the sky, not minding the other kids running around the playground

Obanai was solely focused on the sky, swinging his feet harder and harder in an attempt to reach the sky, not minding the other kids running around the playground. They were enjoyable to play with some times, but he doesn't like them.
They always make fun of him for his features.

He raised his tiny hand as if he was going to feel those fluffy clouds. What if they taste like cotton candy?

A giggle snapped him from his thoughts, with hesitation he lowered his head to see source of that giggle.

Are they here to make fun of him again?

"What are you doing?" Asked the same person, the voice was sweet and curious.

Obanai stopped swinging and looked at the boy who stood in front of the swing, he had his head tilted to the side, making his bangs cover his eyes a little bit. Obanai squinted his eyes, he never saw him around before.

"I'm trying to swing higher than anyone else." Obanai answered simply, the boy giggled again and put his hands behind his back.

"That's what it looks like now, but you were raising your hand," he said while walking to the free swing at Obanai's left. Once he felt comfortable sitting on it, he looked at the sky, "they must taste like cotton candy."

Obanai blinked at his words, he seems nice, so decided to follow his actions, humming in agreement. He didn't notice he wasn't moving until now.

"Are you new on the neighborhood?"

The boy giggled again and Obanai wondered what was so funny. "Nope, I live here since I can remember."

Obanai knitted his brows together, "then why I haven't see you before?"

The boy shrugged "I like to stay at home with my sister," he turned his head to see directly at Obanai, "but she asked me to play outside and I found you."

Not knowing what to say, Obanai just nodded and hummed. He noticed the boy widened his eyes, "your eyes are two different colors!"

Obanai turned to the side, avoiding to look at him, like he always does to prevent the other kids to see his eyes.

"Why you turn your head? Are you hiding your eyes? Is that why you don't look me in the eye?" His voice sounded concerned, "you shouldn't do that, I think they are cool."

"Do you really think that?" Obanai looked at him again, the boy smiled and nodded.

"I'm Giyuu." He extended his hand, and Obanai took it.

"Obanai," they shook hands and that's when he finally noticed those dreamy dark blue eyes.

Obanai felt the corner of his lips pull upward in a smile, he likes Giyuu.

Welp, I planned on doing a oneshot for this but it ended up being like black coffee 🤭🤷🏻‍♀️