I dont like graphs

Luke's POV.

I walked beside my best friend Calum on our way to the cafeteria, occasionally stumbling over nothing. I pushed the nose of my glasses up, and glanced over to Calum, him mumbling something about Jim Carrey.

I pulled up my khaki pants, and awkwardly hopped on one foot, as I tried pulling up the tongue of my black vans.

Me and Calum walked into the cafeteria, and made it to our table near the trashcans, avoiding all the kids talking around us.

Calum took his laptop from the table, and turned it on, typing in his password, which I knew was hobbitwhore. I always laughed when he typed it in, and he would roll his eyes, because he was proud of it.

He pulled out a pack of skittles, popping them in his mouth occasionally as he typed on his computer.

"Look. I told you. This is crazy." Calum said with a mouthful of skittles, turning his laptop to me. I pushed up my glasses for the millionth time, and looked at the screen. There was a bar graph, comparing two different sets of data. One showed crimes influenced by video games, and the other showed crimes not influenced by video games.

There looked like a big difference in number, but graphs weren't Calum's best module, but I aced it.

"No Calum. You see. It only looks like crimes are influenced by video games because the y-axis is messed up. A lot." I said.

"What do you mean? I love video games, you love video games, I don't like graphs, were not violent." He groaned, throwing his hands up.

"Calum. They have an unidentified break in their graph. They start at 24.6%, and they didn't even count at a constant rate. Anyway the distance between them isn't even that far apart." I said, shrugging, pushing his laptop back towards him.

"Geek." He mumbled, closing out of the site, and closing his laptop.

"I'm not a geek!" I defended myself, punching his arm. I felt a pain shoot through my fist, but I didn't let Calum know that. When he closed his eyes and laughed, I shook my fist, getting the feeling to fade.

"Are you not gonna eat again?" Calum asked, noticing the clean spot in front of me. He frowned at me, but I looked up. "The nutritional value in all of the school food is very poor, along with the amount of artificial dyes and flavoring. I'd rather not eat here, but like I've told you before, I got to the coffee shop after school everyday. Don't worry." I said, and laughed. He lightly smiled, and shrugged. "Okay Luke. you're just so tiny." He said, and laughed.

"I have a very fast metabolism, and it doesn't help that I don't drink sodas. It only speeds it up more." I lied nervously.

I heard the door open with a thud, and I turned my attention to the entrance to see Alex Gaskarth, Jack Barakat, Michael Clifford, and Kellin Quinn. I sighed as all the girls turned to look at them. The four punk, bad-boy looking guys walked to their table in the corner. It was always empty. Nobody dared to take their spot.

I heard Calum groan, and I turned to look at him. "What's wrong with you?" I laughed.

"I wanna be like them so bad. Noticed by all of those girls." He said. Placing his chin in the palm of his hand. I nodded. "Yeah. Attention like that would be nice. But I don't want to be known as a self-centered prick who has a grade point average about as high as a kiddy pool." I said sarcastically.

"Yeah. And they're mean. Well. Jacks not that mean." Calum said.

"I bet they're not actually that mean. They're the center of attention, and in a high school, it seems like it's their responsibility to pick on the two nerds sitting beside trash cans, correcting bar graphs over video games on invalid Wikipedia sites." I said, rolling my eyes.