Please don't go with him

Luke's POV.

Prom was tomorrow, and Calum and Ashton decided to go as friends, and just hangout with me and Michael a little. I've been sitting with Michael, Jack, and Kellin this whole week since Alex is with Calum and Ash.

We just decided on plain black and white suits. Nothing special. Michael can't pick me up, however. It's kinda depressing having to walk to prom alone, but it's whatever. He said the reason was because he was working on a surprise for me. I like surprises, so I didn't argue.

My mum was coming home the day after prom so thankfully I could stay out as late as I wanted.

Alex has been nothing but a jerk to me this whole week though. Telling me Michael doesn't want anything to do with me. Michael kisses me, hugs me, holds me, trusts me, how much more does he have to do to prove that he does wanna be with me? I honestly feel like Michael's gonna ask me to be his boyfriend. That would be the best night of my life.

Right now I was at lunch, and me and Michael were talking about prom. "It's gonna be a Lot of fun." I said, and played with his fingers. "You think?" He asked. "Well. I dont know. People always say it is. I've n-never had a date to one so I guess that'll make it more fun, right?" I asked. "I guess so." He said, and lightly laughed.

"I just really like how they put the senior ditch day the same day as prom so we can spend all day getting ready or whatever. But usually prom's on a Saturday. I guess that's why they did it." I said, and he nodded.

"And you could probably come over after, and we could just cuddle and stuff." I said, and looked up at him. He smiled, and leaned down, kissing my nose.

The bell rang, and I stood up. "Oh. I have to go to the computer lab and print off some things. Sorry I can't walk around today, babe." Michael said, but I nodded. "It's okay. I'm just gonna go to the library." I said, and walked away from the cafeteria.

"Wait! Luke!" I heard someone yell.

I turned and saw Alex and Ashton coming from the cafeteria. I lightly smiled at them. I don't really like Alex, but I don't wanna let him know that. "His guys." I said quietly. Ashton pulled me to an empty hallway, and we saw Calum there. "Cal?" I asked. "Luke. Please don't go to prom with Michael." Calum said, and the other boys nodded.

I frowned and crossed my arms over my chest. "I'm going with him." I said, and Calum sighed. "Luke you're part of a prank. Please don't go with him." Alex said. I shook my head. "No. Michael promised that he actually liked me. I can't believe you guys. And Calum, you're my best friend. You're just jealous that I've been spending more time with Michael." I said, and rolled my eyes.

"No. I'm really not. You know, I just wish you would trust your best friend more than some guy you've been hanging out with for a few weeks." He said. "Calum. I know Michael actually likes me." I said, and he sighed. "Nobody likes us! Were the biggest losers in this school!" He said, flailing his hands in the air.

"No you're the biggest loser in this school. I actually have friends now Calum. You should be happy for me." I groaned, but felt bad after I saw the hurt look on his face.

"How could you even say that? We were best friends, Luke. I guess I'm just a loser to you now. Whatever. You know what? After Michael breaks your heart, just come find me. Even if I'm not yours, you're still my best friend." He said, and walked away from me.

I watched as he walked back to the crowded hallway. I looked back at my feet. "Congratulations Luke. You've become somebody you said you would never be." Ashton said, following after Calum. "We've warned you. Michael's not all that he seems to be."

I shook my head, and walked out of the back exit. I thought they were my friends.