I Wanna Test Him

Luke's POV.

I walked into the cafeteria trailing behind Calum and Ashton.

"Luke!" I heard Kellin's voice. I turned to look at their table. I muttered a 'Bye' to Calum and walked over to the table. "Hi." I said quietly, and Michael patted the empty seat beside him. I sat down beside him, and he threw an arm around the back of my chair. I sat with my hands and my lap. I awkwardly sat there as the guys finished up talking about something.

Michael turned to me, and smiled. "You look cute today." He smiled. I looked down at my hands and blushed slightly. "No I'm not." I muttered. "Shut up. Yes you are." He laughed. I shook my head, and he playfully hit my arm. "You're adorable. I love your nerdy look. But you know what I think would be hot?" He asked, cocking an eyebrow. "What?" I asked. "A lip ring." He said, and I shook my head quickly. "Wouldn't that hurt?!" I asked. "Not too bad." He said. I shrugged. "I don't know how my mum would like that." I said.

"Oh really?" He asked. "Yeah. She'd probably pull it out herself." I said. "Aww. Mommas boy." He cooed. I shook my head once again. "Me and my my aren't really close actually." I said quietly. "Oh." He said, and bit his lip.

"Oh yeah. Isn't she like gone for four days or something?" Jack asked. I nodded. "Yeah. My mum told me to check on you and all that stuff." He said. "You don't have too. I can take care of myself. She's just trying to act like she cares." I said, and shrugged my shoulders. "Well. Since your mum is gone, we could all hangout at your place." Michael leaned over and whispered in my ear. I leaned back and looked at him skeptically. "Or maybe just us." He whispered, trailing a finger down my chest. "I c-could probably have s-some people over." I said. "Great. It's an in-service day tomorrow, so how about then? We could all play video games, and stuff. Or maybe you could come over to jack's place if you don't wanna do that." He said. "You guys can come over if you want. I don't mind." I said, and Michael smiled.

"You're not as bad as I thought, Hemmings." Alex said, and I smiled. I played with my fingers, and mumbled a "Thank you."

"Why're you so nervous?" Michael asked, poking my side a little. "I dont know. I just don't really fit in with you guys I guess." I said quietly to him.

He turned my body so I would face him, and he removed the bow tie from around my neck. Then he untucked my shirt. He unbuttoned it, and took it off of me, leaving me in my 'Vote for Pedro' shirt. He removed my glasses, and ruffled my hair, making it slightly messier.

"Wait." He mumbled to himself. He put my glasses back on me. "There. Now you feel better?" He asked. I shrugged my shoulders. "I guess I do." I said, and he smiled. He folded up my shirt, and put it in my bag. "Thank you, Michael." I said, and he just simply smiled at me. "For what?" He asked as the other boys carried on in conversation.

"Being nice to me." I said. "Don't thank me. It's what I should've done this whole time. You're really really cool, Luke." He said, and I smiled. "You're really cool too." I said, and quietly laughed.

He chuckled at me, and threw his arm back around my shoulder. His smile was so perfect, and so was his laugh and all I could think of was 'kissmekissmekissme'

I felt my mood drop when the bell rung signaling my free period. "I guess you guys have to go?" I asked. "Uh. Just Kellin and Jack." He said, and I nodded. Half of the cafeteria cleared out, and I felt the warm air from the hallway enter the cafeteria, but it was quickly replaced by the frigid cafeteria air. I shivered at the sudden temperature change, and i guess Michael noticed. "Are you cold?" He asked. "Uh. Yeah. A little." I said. "I would give you my jacket, but I don't have one. C'mere." He said and opened his arms.

Is this actually happening?

I moved over, and sat on his lap. His arms wrapped around me, and I immediately felt warmer. He carried on with him and Alex's conversation, not making this awkward for me. I saw Calum wink at me, and give me two big thumbs up before leaving the cafeteria. I just smiled, and looked away. I looked back to my usual table, and saw Ashton alone. I pulled my phone out of my pocket, and sent him a text, telling him to come sit over here.