seven

Taehyung lifts his phone to begin typing but is interrupted by a knock at the door. He sets his phone down and goes to open the door. His boyfriend instantly jumps into his arm giggling, they fall back onto the couch cuddling, the phone and Facebook message long forgotten.

Jeongguk checks his phone every day for the next month waiting for Taehyung to reply, never quite being able to bring himself to send him another message. He calls himself a coward every time he types out a paragraph only to delete it all.

After a few more weeks he's swept away into an extremely busy schedule and he forgets about waiting for a response.

Jeongguk is in his penthouse one night, playing his piano softly when his phone rings. He scoffs at the screen when he see's Jihoon's name shining brightly at him.

"Hello.", he answers flatly.

"Two days, you're flying to New York for this weeklong music festival. The lead act just backed out, and they want you. So, pack up and be ready. Flight leaves Saturday at 4 AM."

Jeongguk says nothing and hangs up with a heavy sigh. He stands and shuffles slowly to his bed, flopping down and tossing around until he finds a comfortable position. He stares out the window until he drifts off into a dreamless sleep.

"Mmm, is that so?", Taehyung sighs into the phone. He loved it when Hyungsik missed him, it made him feel wanted. 

"Well, it's only a week. I'll be back Friday afternoon", he answers Hyungsik.

His sweet boyfriend says a few more words before saying goodbye and hanging up.

Taehyung laid sprawled out on his hotel bed, still in disbelief that his position on the newspaper got him a week pass to such a huge music festival. Sure he had to write a huge review for the paper, but he didn't mind so much. Journalism was fun and he liked travelling and checking out new places.

He noticed the time on the clock and jumped out of bed, grabbing his camera and a notebook with a pen shoved down into the metal spirals, he ran out the door.

It wasn't until he arrived at the venue, and took note of the overside banners, that he realized the main act had been changed. His throat went uncomfortably dry as he read 'Jeongguk' in bright purple letters across a large hanging banner.