thirteen

Later that day after his bags are unpacked and his dirty clothes are in the washer, he sits on his couch to relax and to think about what to do. Suddenly, Hyungsik popped into his head and he felt extremely guilty. He really did care for him, and he never wanted to hurt him.

A knock at the door startled him out of his thoughts and suddenly his throat went dry, realizing it was more than likely Hyungsik. He started to panic and sweat, what was he supposed to say, he hadn't had enough time to practice a speech yet.

He took a very, very deep breath as he swung the door open slowly only to be filled with confusion when a tall, tan, attractive guy stood in front of him pursing his lips.

"Can I help you?"

The guy scoffed and rolled his eyes. 

"No you can't.", he said rather rudely. 

"Hyungsik wanted me to give you this.", he said shoving an envelope into his hands. 

Taehyung grabbed the paper and tried to ask a question, but the guy was already turning and walking down the hallway. He shakes his head in confusion watching the guy until he disappeared around the corner at the end of the hall.

Taehyung sat on his couch and tore the envelope open, he read the first line and his jaw dropped, pain shooting through his chest.

'Taehyung, I was very hurt by you this morning. I don't know if you've seen it yet or not but it's the first thing I was greeted with this morning when I turned my TV on.

Tons of pictures of you and Jeongguk leaving a bar at 2 AM, stumbling back to your hotel holding hands, then of him leaving a few hours later, messy hair, shirt buttons crooked, a big smile on his face. I'm sure you can imagine how I felt. I was crushed by that. 

But then, I wanted to read your blog to see if you wrote anything about meeting him during the festival. I was surprised, to say the least, at the last post you had. That's when I realized something. You've loved him for a very long time, haven't you? Long before you ever met me. I realized I was just getting in the way of you being truly happy. I'm grateful and sorry for you. I'm glad I could help you not feel sad for a while, but I'm also sorry that I got in between you and the person you love. 

I know you won't see it that way because you're too sweet and stubborn, but that's how it is. I know how you like to worry about everything, but please Taehyung, please don't worry about me. I will be okay, I promise. 

I haven't been honest with you and I'm sorry for that. I have someone else on my mind and you have someone else on yours. Besides, you and I both know we wouldn't have worked out in the long run, you snore in your sleep and I'm a light sleeper.

Anyway, I just wanted to tell you to keep your head up and go after him if you really love him, don't lose him again. And also, text me sometime when you feel up to it, I'd love to still be friends.

P.S. You and Jeongguk look extremely good together, like you were made for each other.'

He sat with his mouth hanging wide, not believing if this letter was real or not. He reread it at least five times before smiling to himself. Hyungsik was an incredible person and yes, he felt terrible for what he did, but he was glad that he would be okay. He grabbed his phone and smiled at the screen. 

'Thank you', he sent to Hyungsik.

'What are you doing!? Don't text me. Get your ass to the airport!', he got a text back.

Taehyung laughed and rushed to his room, throwing random clothes into a backpack while simultaneously booking the earliest flight to LA he could get on his phone.

He stormed out the door with his backpack and phone and made it to the airport with little time to spare. Seven hours later he was landing at LAX with a lot of hope and a large smile on his face.