➹| two

After she was seated, I looked around and noticed that all of the tables were occupied but there were few individuals too and I wonder why she chose to sit with me. And as if reading my mind she spoke.

"Thank you, you looked like a nice person that's why I chose to sit with you." She genuinely smiled at me and proceeded to drink her coffee and slice her croissant. I just looked at her still in a trence-like state after I locked eyes with her as if she managed to get into my mind effortlessly.

Snapping back into reality, I just ignored her and the presentiment that she left in my system and continued to look outside the coffee shop. There were people who were running to find a refuge in their small and already wet bodies, fews are with their umbrellas and still getting wet by the rain.

And I wonder, if the rain didn't occur where could they possibly be right now? In their homes having a simple dinner with their family or in a meeting finally getting that promotion that they were waiting in the last few years. Or there are families out there struggling to find a solution in their rusty roofs.

I really hate rain.

I couldn't stop myself from thinking too much about other people while it rains.

"You looked like in a deep thought." I snap my head towards the woman infront of me completely forgetten that she was indeed there. She smiled tightly at me and I just looked at her intently. The curiosity in her eyes fired up something inside me and I don't know how she managed to do that in a short period of time.

I opened my mouth to speak but shut it back again confuse of what I was about to say. I envy this woman for making me completely silent and out of words because to be frank, I am not that type of person. I know what to say under any different circumtances but there's something about this woman that makes me just wanna sit and listen to her.

So instead, I just smiled at her and took a bite of my glazed donut.

"I know you are starting to get upset and sorry for interrupting your alone time here I just don't want to sit with some creepy guy behind you and I couldn't lunge under the rain because obviously, I don't have an umbrella. But I will not talk again after this." I looked up at her and she's now drinking her coffee, avoiding my gaze. And I felt so bad for ignoring her. She felt like she's annoying me where in fact I was just so distracted because of her eyes and this feeling in my stomach that is definitely not going anywhere.

"Uh, no. You're not making me upset and it is completely okay with me if you're sitting here. This shop is a bit crowded today unlike an ordinary day so I understand. Nothing to worry about." I waved off and smiled at her. Pretending that her presence doesn't make me feel somehow a bit comforted.

She just nodded and proceeded to eat her croissant.

The silence between us was not awkward it is a comfortable silence including the sound of the rain outside, the honking of the cars. The people talking inside the coffee shop, the smell of newly brewed coffee. It is a pleasant moment to just think and appreciate every little detail that the rain brought us especially the woman in front of me who is stealing glances from time to time.

I wanted to start a conversation to hear her talk again but I don't know how to begin and I don't want to ruin this instant. So, we just sat there in silence but the thoughts in our head was so loud and screaming like we just wanted to do the same thing but afraid because of the possibility of ruining this congenial silence.

I know I'm not going to see her again after this which is somehow a relief for me because of the strange feeling that she's giving me but deep down, I never want to let her go just yet. I'm clueless as to why I'm thinking that.

And I never knew, that instant realization when you meet someone's eyes is real. Never been into that situation until I looked at her.

But I set aside my strange feeling and proceeded to drink my coffee. I just wanted to go home and read a new book. As much as possible, I'm avoiding to watch some news now a days because it will just flare my anger even more towards the goverment. There are too many bad news these past few days and I'm trying not to think too much about it because of my mental health.

I just wanted to get off of this planet and live in Mars.

And once again, I was interrupted again in my pondering. I instantly snap my head towards the woman when I heard her chair made a scratching noise signaling that she is going to leave.

Looking at her brown orbs once again, I knew, for once that she left something inside me that I am going to seek for an answer someday.

"You leaving already?" Uh, did I just ask that? I looked down when I realized what kind of question I asked. It sounded like I don't want to let her go.

She chuckled when she saw the look in my face.

"Yes. And thank you for letting me sit with you." She tilted her head and smiled warmly making my cheeks a little hot. "Oh, yeah? You're more than welcome." I smiled back at her.

"Bye." She waved and started to leave.. making me somehow a bit sad.

"Bye." I mimicked and whispered to myself hoping that she's going to look back and hear me, but she already pulled the front door and disappeared under the rain making me question myself if everything that happened was not an imagination or a dream.

But all the mixed emotions that woman left me was a good answer to that damn question.

What a really nice and good-looking woman.

                                                    ➷