Sick - Iwaoi

⚠️TW: Detailed mentions of throwing up and being sick. If you aren't comfortable with this please, consider this your warning and stop reading now ⚠️

I hate that this is the first oneshot I post but yk what let's just roll with it. I've got like 10 drafts lined up and i'm trying to get the motivation to start posting more but thank you all for the support you've already shown. ALSO SOFT IWA, YES PLEASE))

Oikawa knew something was wrong when he woke up at 3 am with his head throbbing.

It was just a dull feeling at first. Something lingering inside him but not a solid pain. Not until his throat suddenly closed up and cold sweat began to drip down his forehead. The setter clawed at his throat, begging to breathe but all he got in return was short, sharp pants.

Stay calm. Stay calm, it's gonna be okay.

He threw his hand to the side, picked up his phone and did the only thing he could think of doing. While he did the task he reached over to his window and opened it the slightest bit, leaving it raised to the point where a few fingers could slide under,

As he finished a heat began to rise in his stomach. A fire burning its way through his insides, crawling up his body with its sickly talons. Oikawa felt it tearing him up as a gag escaped his throat.

Oh no.

The third year darted out of bed, stumbled across the floor and threw himself into the bathroom. Luckily he had a door that joined both his room and the other. If not he would have been screwed. Oikawa's head jerked over the toilet at the last second and he proceeded to throw up into the bowl.

The action repeated a few more times, until finally he was left shaking and spluttering as he leant against the low cupboards. A noise made his head perk up as the sounds of a window being opened flowed throughout the connecting rooms "Tooru?" A voice spoke in the dark.

"H-Hajime." Oikawa muttered hoarsely. He couldn't explain what he was feeling.

The lights flicked on in he bedroom "Are you-" Iwaizumi's head appeared around the door.

Oikawa hated looking so weak. He didn't want to seem so fragile in front of someone so...strong. He didn't want Iwa to see him like this. He almost wished he never texted him. But that was his decision in the moment. This was his go to boy. And another part of his head wondered why he was concerned with Iwaizumi seeing him like this. They'd been best friends since childhood, who cared what they looked like to each other?

He shook away the thought that entered his mind.

Oikawa never got sick. He was strong in that sense. So the times when he did? They were bad.

But Iwaizumi was there every single one of them.

The ace dropped down beside him, not hesitating to pull the brown haired boy into a hug.

Oikawa was crying. Everything ached as if he was holding the weight of the sky on his shoulders. It hurt so much.

Iwaizumi stroked the setters hair, running his hands through it as he held his best friend tighter "Tooru, it's okay" he whispered in a soft voice and Oikawa instantly calmed. He loved the feeling of Hajime playing with his hair.

Like always Iwaizumi fixed him up.

After he forced the captain to get in the shower he jumped out the window and made his way back across the tree that connected their houses. Iwa quickly got to work, looking for the proper medicine to use. Iwaizumi and Oikawa used the tree for everything. It's base was right where the best friends properties bordered each other (on Iwaizumi's side) and its long branches stretched out from Oikawa's room to Iwaizumi's. Most nights they would climb up the higher branches, onto one of their roofs and look at the stars.