Satisfied - Iwaoi

((You guys know the drill. This was another 3 am piece but i actually ended it properly this time. Not very proud of it but I hope you enjoy!))

Oikawa finished his toast, a broad smile on his face. He ran his hand through the side of his hair, smoothing it back down slightly as cheers filled the room. It had been a beautiful toast, it really had.

And Tooru was about thirty seconds away from completely breaking down.

He knew it was wrong. But what wasn't wrong with life at this point.

As he stepped down from the slightly raised floor he'd been standing on, two arms flung around his neck and his sister dragged him into a tight embrace.

"Thank you," Mihoko whispered in his ear and he forced a laugh, tears gathering in his eyes.

"You'll be happy with him," Oikawa said confidently, trying to control his body that was slowly falling apart. He could feel his heart tearing, soul aching for someone to let him out of this wretched hell.

She finally let him go and everything kind of started up again. The event continued, chatter filling the air as the guests resumed their conversations. But Oikawa needed to get out of here, now. Just-away, away from all the noise and from Mihoko and-

His eyes met a pair of olive green ones.

God-Iwa looked so handsome. So masculine and strong but at the same time he looked gentle and...happy.

Tooru blinked his tears back, trying to hold out. He broke eye contact with Iwaizumi and slid past the crowd of people, making his way towards the door. His slender hand reached out to grasp the handle, fingers beginning to curl around it.

"Hey" a low voice whispered in his ear, as a hand was placed on his shoulder.

Oikawa shivered at the touch. He was desperate to get out now-he needed to leave.

"Iwa-chan" He plastered on a fake smile, similar to the one before and turned around "How are you?"

"Well I mean, I just got married. It's meant to be the happiest day of your life, right?"

Oikawa swallowed and forced out something he didn't want to say "Maybe that'll change if you have kids."

He knew he should have said when. Both the boys wanted to be parents one day. But he just couldn't. If had always been a terrible word for him.

If you just worked harder-

If you went to Shiratorizawa-

If you got to Nationals-

If you never tried to hit Tobio-

If you told Iwaizumi how you felt-

But now it was his only hope. The only thing he could hold onto as he got swept into a hurricane of denial.

Iwa shifted slightly, adjusting the arm of his suit "Yeah..."

They both stayed silent for a few seconds before Oikawa spoke up.

"You look really good tonight." A small blush appeared on his best friends cheeks but that was natural.

Compliments make people happy. It's normal for someone to blush, it wasn't you.

Oikawa was trying to steer himself away from the thought that Iwaizumi was flustered by him. He was married now. He didn't even feel about him in that way.

"You look average" Iwa replied quickly, smirking slightly. Back to their manner of playful banter it seemed.

Oikawa fake gasped even though that hurt slightly more than he'd ever admit "Iwa-chan, so mean~"

There was a few more seconds of silence between them. Not the comfortable silence that two best friends should have, the uncomfortable one that made your face burn with awkwardness.

"Where are you going?" Iwaizumi finally asked, shattering the tense moment.

"Ah~" Oikawa hadn't been prepared for that question "just...out?"

"Walking out on your best friends wedding? Never thought you'd stoop that low."

"And I never thought you'd marry my sister."

The words left his mouth before he could stop himself. Every letter was spoken sharply, not an ounce of untruthfulness embedded in the phrase.

Iwaizumi visibly tensed, body freezing as if all of a sudden his muscles had shut down. Which they practically had. His Adam's apple bobbed up and down as he swallowed, averting his gaze.

Because even through the foggy memories that were blurred by the alcohol, they both still knew what they had done. The stumbling into Iwa's room, the fumbling with belts, the bruises Oikawa had found all over his body the next day that lasted for a week.

((Oh how the turns table 😏  Why do I make everything sexual omfg-))

"Tooru-" he started but the taller one didnt let him continue.

Oikawa showed Iwa that fake smile he hated. The same one he had used when he hurt his knee. When he pretended to be fine through his panic attacks. When he wanted Iwaizumi to think he was okay. That same bitter smile that he'd been wearing the entire wedding.

"Congratulations Iwaizumi-san"

Oikawa showed the mock grin that he'd wear for years to come, and hoped no one was watching them as a single tear slid down his cheek.

"You'll never be satisfied" He spoke, words cutting through the air like blades "And neither will I."

Tooru opened the door and walked out into the bitter cold of the night.

- - - 

...

Yep.

-This rat of an author