Shattered - Iwaoi

Yes, I know I said a Tsukkiyama chapter was coming. I have two in the making, I'll finish them up as soon as possible. Sorry, I took a break from Wattpad. This is an old draft.))

"Your girlfriend?"

"My girlfriend."

His heart tore in two.

That was the second time Iwaizumi had repeated the question, simply because he wasn't sure if he had heard right the first time around.

Oikawa's eyes searched Iwa's, almost as if he was looking for approval. Instead, he got a blank stare.

"It's good to meet you," Iwa's voice was slightly hoarse but he wore a small smile.

"Tooru has told me quite a lot about you Iwa-chan," She was pretty. Rather short with long, brown hair cascading down her back. The girl had sparkling green eyes and a bright smile that seemed to grow whenever she looked at Oikawa. Her skin was pale and clear, the schools uniform fitting her thin waist well.

"Iwaizumi" The ace corrected in a tone bordering harsh and Oikawa glared at him.

"O-oh," she laughed awkwardly "I'm very sorry, Iwaizumi. I'm Miyo." She blushed slightly-maybe she was nervous? Iwa could be rather intimidating.

Iwaizumi tried to give her a reassuring smile, even though he knew it was fake "You have a beautiful name. I hope you can control this brat, he's quite the handful. I wish you the best though."

Those words lightened the setters gaze and his face broke out into a smile. He obviously couldn't read the pain in Iwaizumi's eyes. For such an observant person, he could be completely oblivious when it mattered.

The sound of a loud bell rang through the hallways, echoing in Iwaizumi's ears.

Oikawa turned to her "Hey, Miyo, I've got practice-"

"Can I watch you?" She asked sweetly, giving him a small, smile.

"Of course" Oikawa laughed, looking at her fondly "Iwa-chan do you wanna come with-"

"Tell the team I won't be there, I have something I have to do today" he cut his best friend off and with that turned around and left.

Oikawa tilted his head confused "Huh!? Iwa you can't just skip practice, what the hell is up with you-" he stepped forward to go follow him but Miyo grabbed his arm.

"It sounded important Tooru, maybe you should let him go."

"But-"

"He said he had to do it today. I heard Iwaizumi is an amazing player, surely one missed practice won't hurt him"

Letting out a sigh he turned around, mood-changing as he took in the girl before him. He slid their hands together and smiled "Come on, let's go."

He should have listened to his heart and followed Hajime.

***
Iwaizumi slammed the door to his house shut and thank god his parents weren't home because he would've been dead if they were.

His breathing was heavy, thoughts jumbled.

No, no, no, no, no, no, no
This can't be happening

He entered the kitchen and turned on the tap rather aggressively, splashing a whole load of water onto his face. It drenched his shirt but he didn't care, he didn't.

"A month," He told himself, snatching a tea towel up and drying his face "A month and she'll have dumped him-probably because of his stupid obsession of being the best in volleyball."

"Can I watch you?"

He grabbed a small glass he'd left on the table earlier in the morning and filled it with water, desperate to keep himself moving.

"Get it the fuck together Hajime, she's just some girl!"

And the first of many

He raised the glass to his lips. Iwaizumi had been an absolute idiot. The only reason Oikawa hadn't already got a girlfriend was because he was too occupied with practices. Now that he was taking it easier on his knee, of course he'd take his chance.

Miyo; someone to cheer for him at Seijoh's games and kiss him when they won. She'd be there to comfort him when they didn't as well. She was someone he'd take out on dates to watch cheesy romance movies, and whose hand he would hold every time he got the chance. This girl was someone to share his smile with, someone to share his life with.

The glass hit the floor and smashed into tiny, pointed shards.

Hajime swallowed, tears rolling down his cheeks.

I'm so fucking weak.

"Please" a whisper escaped his lips as he stood there, surrounded by broken pieces of glass.

"Please just let me hate him. Let me hate him more than I love him."

He never stopped loving him.

And it seemed he never stopped loving Miyo.

(( Bitch give Iwa his mans back))