Jaane nahi denge tujhe- 3

He keeps her hand on her tummy and slightly caresses it. He looks at it lovingly, despite the tears in his eyes. He then looks at her face and gently caresses her forehead. That's when the door opens and Kartik enters. He is shocked to see Sameer there and before he can say anything, Sameer indicates him to move out so that they could talks without disturbing Naina. He nods and goes out.
Sameer takes one more glance at her and then kissing her forehead, he leaves the room.

As soon as he steps out, he sees Kartik standing right infront.

S: Canteen chalkar baat karein?

Kartik nods and they walk to the canteen. Taking a corner table, they start their conversation.

Sameer: Mujhe poochne ki zaroorat nahi shayad ki main kya jaanna chahta hoon. Bas sab kuch sach sach bata do.

Kartik nods and tells him:

She was diagnosed with an ailment and when she did, she was already in stage 2. She knew she dint have much chances of recovery. She also knew if you get to know, you will be worried. You will not leave any stone unturned to save her. She knew this very well. She knew all this will leave you broken. She knew you breaking will also mean Suman getting affected. She knew that Suman is still young and hence to avoid her getting attached to her, she started behaving such. She knew if she kept Suman away, her death won't affect Suman as much. So she created these circumstances so that you and her family hate her and hence, when she dies, they won't be much pained. She did not know then that she was pregnant. When she came for check-up, she learnt she is pregnant. She had initially refused treatment as she wanted to die peacefully, but when she learnt about the baby, she started taking treatment. She wanted this baby as it was your last nishani, even if she couldn't maybe be alive to see it or look after it ! She and I had met in college and she was the sister who brought me out of the pain given by my only family, my own sister. I tried to talk her out of this but she gave her kasam and I had to help her out. She knew you wouldn't believe that she would cheat him, if somebody else told him and hence, she had to do this.

All this while, tears are flowing from his eyes. Oh Naina! If only......He wipes them and tries to compose himself for his beloved wife and both his children.

K: What are you doing here by the way?

Sameer then tells him about Suman and her health condition. Kartik keeps a hand on his shoulder and assures him that everything shall be fine.

***************************************
Naina opens her eyes weakly only to see Sameer sitting on the stool beside her bed. Her hands are in his and his head against her hands.

N: Sa.. Sameer?

Sameer looks up, his eyes red with tears.
Seeing him that way, her concern for him comes to the fore and she holds his face in her hands. Caressing his cheeks, she says

N: Kya hua Sameer? Ro kyun rahe ho? Tum theek toh ho na?

S: Shareer ko jaise aatma mol deti hain
Mujhe bhi, tera pyaar wajood deti hain
Tu saath na ho, toh zindagi narak lagti hain
Tere bina har pal kat ti, bahut der lagti hain
Saath pheron ke bandhan se
Kai vaadon ke bandhan se
Tere dukh bhi mere hain
Tera dard bhi mera hain
Phir kyun rakha yun door mujhko?
Kyun jhelna chaha akele sab kuch?
Kya inn kasmon ka koi mol nahi?
Kya tere dukh mein bhagidaar banne ka
Mujhe haq nahi?

Toot gaya tha jis din tujhko
Khud se alag hota paya
Usi din maar deta khudko
Par phir Suman ka khayal aaya
Teri bewafai ne
Dil mein pyaar ko nafrat mein badla
Par pyaar itna gehra tha ki
Tu meri khayalon se na nikla

Kyun kiya aisa Naina? Aisa kaise soch liya ki tumhare bina main khush rahoonga? Tumne kaise soch liya ki tumhara jaana mujhe manzoor hoga? Mujhe poora haq tha Naina, yeh jaanne ka ki tumpe ya tumhare saath kya ho raha hain! Am I so unworthy that you dint even share your grief with me?

N: I'm so sorry Sameer! You are not unworthy! You are the best! I dint want you to get hurt and break, isliye maine yeh kadam uthaya. I'm so sorry! M..

Her breathing becomes abnormal and she starts panting.

S: Naina...Naina..tumhe kuch nahi hoga! He runs out to call the doctor.

After some time

Naina is stable now. Naina and Sameer have a heart to heart conversation, where he reveals about Suman. Naina feels devastated to learn that it's because of her that her child is suffering. She hugs Sameer and cries her heart out.

He consoles her, telling her to stop crying as it is not good for their child.

A few months later

Suman has been undergoing treatment.
Naina has now gone into labour and is in the labour room. Sameer is pacing around in the corridor while Chachaji, Chachiji, Preedit, Swamun and Kartik are standing, equally worried. Sameer had informed them about Naina and all of them rushed to meet her. Post the reunion, they had stayed there itself to look after her. Soon, they hear the cry of the baby.

The doctor comes out but her expression is something unreadable.

Doctor: It's a boy Mr. Maheshwari! Congratulations! But there's a bad news

Sameer's smile, which had momentarily come immediately vanishes.

S: Doctor, what bad news? Naina is alright right?

Doctor: She...

Okay, you will surely kill me for stopping here. Don't worry, the things will be cleared in the epilogue. Till then, you are free to guess what happened!

Lots of love,
Pratyu