Adhoore - 2

He woke up to a splitting headache and a chill which surrounded him, unlike the usual warmth of his beautiful wife. He looked around only to find the space next to him unoccupied and in a flash, all the events of the previous night flashed infront of him.

"Oh God! What have I done??" He cursed himself. Somehow managing to steady himself, as he was still feeling dizzy, he ran out of his room, shouting her name, but was met with nothing but silence.
He searched the entire house, but she was nowhere to be found. Finally he reached the lawn, where she had arranged for their dinner and his eyes fell on the card next to her result card. It was his result card and he had got a 73 per cent! Picking his result card, his eyes fell on the paper beneath.

In her neat handwriting, his Naina had written

Dear Sameer,

Congratulations! Tum second topper ho, yeh jaanke mujhe kitni khushi hui hain, yeh main bata nahi sakti. Tumhari mehnat rang layi. I'm so happy for you love. Aur iss khushi ke mauke pe let's end all these unnecessary quarrel and celebrate.

Love you lots,
Tumhari Naina

Reading her words, his eyes filled with tears. That's when his own words from the previous night echoed in his ears, when he had accused her of being selfish and celebrating her success!

"What have you done Sameer! She had done all this for you. She was so happy for you. She decided to let go of her ego and sort things out, all for you. And what did you do? You insulted her! You called that woman selfish, who has given her everything to you!"

Folding the letter, he kept it in his pocket and rushed towards the telephone in the hall and there, he found her letter. She had wisely kept the letter there as she knew he would come near the phone.

Reading her letter, he collapsed on the ground, his legs unable to take his weight. Tears rolled down his eyes in infinite drops and he let them flow.

He had lost her. He had lost the most precious part of his life. He had lost his only family, his first and last love, his wife, his Naina, all because of his stupidity and anger! Mamaji's betrayal had messed up with the cords of his brain and his innocent Naina fell prey to his anger, which wasn't intended at her in the first place! Not only had he lost her, he had scratched open her deepest wounds and had led her to believe she was ill- luck for all!.

" Mujhe maaf kardo Naina. Please laut aao! Main nahi jee sakta tumhare bina jaan! Please laut aao! Yeh saari baatein sach nahi! Tum kabhi bhi manhoos ya abhishaap nahi ho sakti! Jaane se pehle ek baar mujhse baat kar leti! Please laut aao Naina! Please come back!"

"It is all your fault! Your words broke her, made her buried insecurities arise yet again. You yourself have pushed her away from yourself. It is you who end up losing relations of life due to anger!" his inner voice berated him.

He cried his heart out and immediately called Anand. Revealing the entire truth, he broke down. Anand consoled him and both set out to look for Naina.

***************************************

7 months later

Dear diary,

Aaj 7 mahine ho chuke hain mujhe sabse door aaye hue. Yahan main apni ek saheli Divya ke saath rehti hoon. Use maine sab kuch bataya hain aur woh hamesha mujhe samjhati rehti hain ki meri soch galat hain aur mujhe lautna chahiye..apne liye nahi toh uske liye jo mere andar pal raha hain- mere aur mere Sameer ke pyaar ki nishaani! Ahmedabad se yahan aane ke baad hi pata laga ki main pregnant hoon.
Kabhi Kabhi lagta hain ki Divya ki baat maan loon. Kai baar sochti hoon ki Sameer ke paas waapis chali jaun ya kam se kam use hamare bacche ke baare mein bata doon. Aakhir use jaanne ka poora haq hain. Par phir ruk jaati hoon! Kya pata agar Sameer aage bad gaya ho. Main nahi chahti meri vajah se ya mere bacche ke vajah se uski life mein koi problem ho.
Main yahi prarthana karti hoon roz, ki meri manhoosiyat mere bacche ke liye koi musibat na khadi kar de! Ummeed karti hoon Bhagwanji meri sun le!

Naina

She closed the diary and picked up his photo kept nearby. Caressing it with her hands, she looked at him with all the love she had for him.

"I miss you Sameer! Kaash meri zindagi mein tumhara saath hamesha ke liye likha hota! Kaash hume ek doosre se bichadna nahi hota! Kaash hamare bacche ke baare mein tumhe pata hota!
( Sobbing) I love you so much Sameer! Tumhari bahut zyaada yaad aati hain! Har cheez jaise tumse judi hui hain.
I so wish I could have you with me. I just feel like seeking solace in your arms. I feel like hugging you tight, never to leave. If only I wasn't an inauspicious woman. If only...."

She sobbed more, hugging his photo. The sudden knock on the door alerted her and she immediately wiped her tears. She quickly plastered a smile on her face, as she dint want Divya to know she had been crying yet again. Placing his photo nearby, she straightened herself and said

" Andar aa ja Divya!"

The door opened and she was shocked to see...

To be continued

Will post the last part soon guys. Don't kill me for this cliffhanger. Hope you like this. Do let me know through comments how the story is.

Lots of love,
Pratyu