Samaina: Adhoore - 1

She sat in the corner of her room, all alone and broken. Endless tears flowed down her eyes yet the pain dint subside.

"Aaj se hum dono alag! Hamare raaste alag!"

His words echoed in her head and with each word, each part of her tender heart broke. She had been so happy that Sameer had secured such a high percentage in the exams and thus, to celebrate this achievement and also to resolve the differences between them, she had planned a candlelight dinner. She had dressed up in his favourite colour saree and had been eagerly waiting for him from 3 hours. But he dint come! It was midnight when he returned, all angry and drunk!

Just one look at his state, she knew something major had happened and she immediately ran to support him, console him, but he...he pushed her away. He taunted her on the arrangements and before she could even reply back, his eyes fell on her result card.

"Oh, so madam has topped yet again and this celebration is for this right? Very good! Congratulations your highness!"

It pricked her, his taunting tone and she confronted him, for which he replied

" Apni khushi mein itni magn, tumhe bhi mera dukh nahi dikha! You are selfish Naina. You turned out to be like all others."

Tears flowed down her eyes listening to him. How could he say that?? How could he call her, who had given her everything to him, selfish?

In their marriage of two years, she had given her heart, her soul, her body and her love entirely to him and only him!

The entire fight escalated to a higher level when he spoke all kinds of things about her middle-class nature and character, ultimately concluding in them slapping each other!

He had left the next instant and shut himself in the room. She collapsed on the floor, crying her heart out.

"Why?" She asked and that's when her Taiji's venemous words played in her mind.

"Tu manhoos hain. Teri vajah se koi khush nahi reh sakta. Iss duniya mein aate hi tu apne maa-baba ko kha gayi. Teri vajah se mera beta, Pralay bhi mar gaya. Tu ek abhishaap hain. Tu jahan bhi jayegi, bas manhoosiyat, udaasi aur dard hi layegi!"

Her Taiji's words kept echoing in her ears. She remembered how Chachaji had always defended her and brushed off such thoughts from her system. But now,when her Sameer had spoken all those things about her and even slapped and broken their relationship, her mind started to believe Taiji's words.

"Taiji sahi kehti thi! Main hi manhoos hoon! Mere naseeb mein khushi likhi hi nahi hain. Maine paida hote hi Maa- Baba ko maar diya. Phir Pralay ko bhi kha gayi.
Main Sameer ki zindagi mein aayi, toh uski maa aur usme dooriyan badh gayi. Woh ek acche ladke se bura ban gaya. Meri vajah se use kya-kya nahi jhelna pada. Meri vajah se woh Mundit se bhi kuch samay ke liye juda ho gaya. Main hi manhoos hoon. Humare beech pyaar ka rishta badhte hi Nanaji ki maut ho gayi! Meri vajah se kisiko, koi bhi khushi nahi mil sakti. Isliye ab tak Preeti ki Shaadi bhi nahi hui. Isliye aaj Sameer ne bhi humara rishta khatam kar diya! Main ek abhishaap hoon, ashubh hoon, isiliye main sabse door chali jaun yahi sahi hain. Haan! Yahi sahi hain."

Wiping her tears, she packed her things and taking a sheet of paper wrote,

Dear Sameer,

Main tumse aur sabse bahut door jaa rahi hoon. Humari shaadi ke do saal mein maine kaafi yaadein aur khushiyan bator li, par shayad isse zyaada meri jholi mein nahi. Meri vajah se tumhe jo bhi takleef hui hain, uske liye mujhe maaf kar dena. Apna khayal rakhna.
Meri saari zindagi, meri vajah se koi khush nahi hua hain. Taiji sahi kehti thi ki main ek abhishaap hoon, apshagun hoon. Main pannauti hoon aur main jahan bhi jaungi, apne aas paas bas dukh, manhoosiyat hi laungi. Tumne mujhse rishta todke sahi kiya. Main sabse bahut door chali jaungi taaki mera manhoos saya Kisi par na pade. In 2 saalon mein, meri manhoosiyat ki vajah se, tumne jo bhi bhugta hain ya khoya hain, uske liye main haath jodke maafi maangti hoon, kyunki iske alawa main kuch aur kar bhi nahi sakti! Tumne do saal meri jaisi manhoos ko jhela, itna pyaar diya, uske liye thank you.

Apna acche se khayal rakhna

Naina

She left the letter in the hall and stepped out of the house. As soon as she kept her foot outside, she remembered the day she had entered the house, kicking the kalash. All their moments together flashed before her eyes and she cried more. She wanted to look at him just once before leaving, but couldn't because he had locked the door. She was dejectedly walking down when her eyes fell on his photoframe in the hall and she picked it up. Hugging it to her heart, she looked around the house for one last time and stepped out of the house, deciding never to step back!

To be continued

Though this is similar to the show, but the backstory is a bit different. Here, Naina lost her parents at birth. She was raised by her Chacha-chachi. Her elder aunt, that is Taiji hated her because she felt her son Pralay died due to Naina and her inauspicious nature. She never left any occasion to put down Naina or insult her.

Naina and Sameer were married when they were still in college, but they did like each other from school time. They have been married for 2 years now.

Rest everything is clear I guess. The next part shall be posted soon.

Lots of love,
Pratyu