Boundless - 3

Dressed in black t-shirt and black jeans, Sameer enters the small Café - Sunshine Café. He looks around and soon spots the person he has come to meet.

Walking towards her, he couldn't quite comprehend the feelings arising in his heart as he took in her look. Dressed in a simple maroon kurti paired with black Patiala pant, her ears adorned with small silver jhumkas, her beauty reflecting in her simplicity seemed surreal.
Ignoring the sensations arising within him, he settles down on the sofa chair infront of her and that is when she lifts her eyes from the book she's been reading.

Giving small smiles, both say hi together.

Naina: So, what will you have? The cappuccino here is really good.

Sameer: Oh is it? Then I'll have one cappuccino and what about you?

Naina: I'll have a cappuccino as well.

Sameer: Aren't you hungry? I'm quite hungry. Hope you don't mind me ordering some food.

Naina: No, not at all! Order whatever your like. To be honest, I was about to say the same thing.

They both smile and glance at the menu.

Sameer and Naina(together): One plate chocolate croissants and to balance it,one veg sandwich.

For a moment both keep looking at each other.

Sameer: My my! So we share the same taste in food!

Naina: Seems so

They place their order.

Sameer: How did you get my number by the way? I wasn't quite expecting you to call!

Naina(smirking): Mr.Maheshwari, you aren't the only one who can bribe the peon to gather information about me. I can do as well! And we need to talk about this so ..

Sameer smiles sheepishly and then nods his head  By then their coffees arrive.

Naina: Listen, we'll have the coffee and then speak because I don't like to do anything else while drinking coffee.

Sameer looks at her shocked

Naina: I'm guessing I haven't said anything that's so shocking! Why are you so shocked?

Sameer: Because that's one more thing common between us!

Naina: what?

Sameer: Ya!

They start sipping their coffees, immersing themselves into a world of their own, while relishing the taste of the coffee in each sip.

A few minutes later

Naina: See, if I agree immediately, Kartik will not believe it. So..

Sameer( interrupting): I know what to do. Infact I had been thinking the same too.

And they talk about how they will go though the things, side by side relishing the croissants and sandwich. By then the waiter comes and they pay their share of money.

Sameer: And by the way, my mother's friend is coming home today. So I'll talk with her and let you know about when you can start training under her.

Naina nods, her eyes a bit misty. Nobody had ever done so much for her. He is doing it for his own profit she knows, but despite everything she is thankful to him for fulfilling her dream.

Sameer: Hey what happened? Why are there tears in your eyes?

Naina( trying to push back her tears): Tears? Nahi toh! I'm not crying. You must be mistaken.

He keeps looking at her, directly in the eye. For some moments, only their eyes communicate and there is a different sort of silence surrounding them.

A few seconds later

Breaking the eyelock, without uttering a word, he keeps his hanky on the table and giving a small smile, leaves.
She picks up the handkerchief, overwhelmed by his gesture.

___________________________________________

Precap: Naina patao mission!

Lots of love,
Pratyu