Chapter 5

Third Person POV:
Standing directly across the field, just 8 meters away, Techno and Dream stared off at each other. The gentle, afternoon breeze past through, sending a wave of soft relaxation and focus.

Atop the lush green grass, Techno began readjusting his ponytail, attempting to push back the two long locks cascading down his face. To his dismay, they refused to comply, and continued springing free.

Staring over, Dream felt the mild tinge of anxiety. It had never dawned on him that he'd might lose this battle. Last time, he tricked Techno into dropping his guard, however, if Techno's anything like he calculated, it would never happen again. This newfound fear was thrilling. A shiver of adrenaline seemed to course through his body.

Standing in the center, Bad began the countdown.

5..

Techno never met someone with a stare as intense as Dream's. It sent excited shivers up his spine.

4..

Were his eyes always so green? They would put the most vibrant emeralds to shame.

3..

The wind died down, as if it too, were anticipating the battle.

2..

Techno's lips pulled into a ethereal smile. Dream felt something stutter in his chest.

1!

With that, their blades met.

Bad's POV:
I watched happily as Skeppy cheered from besides me. He seemed absolutely enraptured by the battle, practically buzzing in excitement. Like a kid in a candy store.

Attempting to jab his right, Dream lunged forward quickly and viciously, to which his opponent sidestepped and rotated toward his head. He ducked, barely evading it by a hair.

"Wow, you got faster!" He exclaimed, flashing a charming grin to the other. Techno rolled his eyes, although, with an amused smile. Not responding, he started speeding up. The blonde matched his vigor with equal speed and strength.

As their blades continued clashing, Sapnap started cheering loudly from the sidelines.

"Go Dream!" He yelled, nearly causing George to jump.

"Stop shouting in my ear! What are you? A gorilla?!" The shorter snapped, facing his friend. The two began bickering, pulling at each other's hair. Tommy laughed obnoxiously on the side.

"Stop fighting, you muffins!" I called, running toward the pair. I placed an arm between them, to which Tommy began booing.

"You're such a mom!" the teen groaned, shooting an irritated look. I opened my mouth to scold him, when Skeppy called for me again.

"Dude! You gotta pay attention!" he yelled, turning over, "look away and you'll miss-"

Suddenly, there was loud CLACK!

Skeppy visibly cringed at the noise.

"What happen-"

George's eyes widened in horror. He hopped over the divider between the patio and the grass, running toward his fallen friend.

"Dream!" He yelled.

Dream's POV:
The throbbing pain in my head and my blurred up vision made it obvious that I got smacked across the skull.

I had gotten distracted and I couldn't figure out how, because I never get distracted during battle.

...
...