Chapter 20

Amazing Fanart by OniKid !!

AND THANK YOU GUYS FOR WELL OVER 100K READS!! JUST 2 MONTHS AGO I WAS AT 4K SO THIS IS VERY CRAZY!! DREAMNOBLADE CLOUT GO BRRRRRRRRRRR

ALRIGHT ENJOY NOW!!

Third Person's POV:

Pit. Pat. Pit. Pat. Pit. Pat...

The quick, angry patters of footsteps scathed the marble floor, scurrying quickly and ungracefully. The speed of which they moved was with so much haste, you'd think it were a scurrying rat.

The disgruntled, bitter expression and the constant stomps of his hurried pace made it known. Skeppy was livid. Simmering even. The brief conversation he had earlier was playing in his head like a broken cassette. Replaying again and again, as if to demean him for his passiveness before.

"Techno, it's going to be okay. We'll save Dream. We'll find those band- "

"It wasn't bandits, Skeppy. Everyone sayin' that is a buffoon. Someone here, in your castle, is behind this. I just know."

Techno set down a tiny, ornate cup, before shooting a pair of pleading eyes. The ruby irises held a kind of emotion Skeppy wasn't used to seeing. Unconsciously, the brunette found himself swallowing.

"I need you to promise me that you'll help me search. In your kingdom, Skeppy. I-" the prince froze, seeming hesitant for a moment, before sighing. "Please." he added at the end, voice meek and embarrassed.

...

Skeppy nodded.

"Okay. I will. I promise."

Is what Skeppy said. And it is what he intended to do. There was definitely a semblance of truth in his act of ignorance. The whereabouts of Dream were still unknown. However, he did have a lead.

The man who was behind it all, lied in this castle. And right over the grand, oak doors of one conceded office.

Deep breath. You're king now. He can't push you around. Skeppy thought, psyching himself mentally.

With renewed confidence in his pocket, Skeppy pushed open the doors. The perpetrator glanced up.

"Ah, your majesty-"

"You bastard! Where is he?!!" the king shouts immediately, taking a long stride forward.

Only, the elder didn't respond, still fixated on what seemed to be mountains of work. He seemed disinterested and unaffected by other's presence completely. He was....

Ignoring me. Skeppy concluded, growing even more annoyed.

Gritting his teeth, the king suddenly slammed both hands atop the dark, mahogany desk, shaking it with a loud THUD!

"I said... Where is he?" he asked again, this time, lower and more threatening. It was dark and nasty, the same kind a father would demean his son with. Now, he had the other's attention.

Finally alerted, Keem sets down his papers, shoving them into a nearby cabinet. He rose a curious, yet annoyed brow, face more agitated than anything.

"Do you mean, Young Master Dream?" He asked, clearly feigning of innocence. Skeppy scoffed at that.

"No, I mean fucking Jesus, OF COURSE I MEAN DREAM!! WHERE IS-"

"Your majesty." Keem interrupted, face blank and devoid of emotions now. "Do have care in your manners. Very unbecoming for a king."

Skeppy shot a look of disbelief, still simmering down from his rage. "I don't care about that right now! What did you do to him?!"