Chapter 10

Dream's POV:
A shadow casted overhead, just as we pulled beneath a tall, towering archway. Its high, layered stone built up a structure, both grand and well-constructed. Glancing up, the large palace of Craftia lied ahead, with it's firm, grey walls looming like colossal giants. It overlooked the city almost protectively. Along the banister, adorned a row of intricate marble angels, each with a graceful expression. Clearly the work of a genius stone-smith.

Outside the carriage, I could hear whispers and calls of an expectant crowd. Likely trying to steal a glance at the returning champion and his fiance. Their watchful eyes seemed to bore through the vehicle, staring almost judgmentally. As if to say, "who is the commoner that stole the Prince Technoblade's hand in marriage?"

The longer they stared, the more nervous I got. A feeling of icy nervousness coursed through body. White noise began buzzing in my ear, almost harmonious with the increased chatter of the crowd.

It grew loud. Louder. Louder. Louder. Louder. lou-

Before I could finish my thought, a soft hand landed by my shoulder, squeezing almost reassuringly.

"You alright?" Techno asked, voice dull and steady. His eyes watched me observantly, as if he were scoping out a prey. A shiver went down my spine.

"I'm fine. There's just a lot of people here." I replied, smiling uneasily, "and they're probably judging me."

Techno's brows furrowed at those words. An intimidating shadow of hostility dawned his expression. He turned toward the window, peeking at the surrounding people.

"Are they botherin' you? Do I need to cut out their ey-"

"Nononono!" I snapped, interrupting his murder plan. I shook my head profusely, yanking him back into his seat. A small pout adorned his face.

"Don't kill people! That's... not good."

I did not expect that kind of reaction... but it is flattering...

Techno laughed a little, before settling back down. He crossed his arms haughtily, amusement written across his face.

"Don't worry, I'm kiddin'. Murder is cringe." He replied, still smiling. I sighed in relief.

For a brief moment, we shared a breath of wordless silence. Apart from outside noises, there was nothing but the light tapping of Techno's fingers. It was habit of his that I picked up. Until, he suddenly spoke again.

"I can tell them to go away if you want."

The way he spoke his offer sounded almost concerned. Almost.

I sighed tiredly, smoothing out my wrinkled clothes. The soft fabric past through my fingertips like silk. The finest quality of clothing.

Shaking my head, I turned to his gaze.

"It's fine." I murmured, extending an arm to him. My hand waved as an offer.

"Shall we go now?"

Third Person's POV:
"And there he is. The stars have arrived." One man muttered, leaning leisurely against the marble banister. He peered down from the balcony, watching as the crowds swarmed, all surrounding the Youtubian Carriage.

"And his fiance isn't even ugly! Some people really have it all..." he growled, brows furrowing further.

Besides him, his friend just smiled, watching observantly to the grounds below.

"Squid, you're really still mad about second place? It's been months." he replied lazily, plucking a nearby daisy with his carefully manicured nails. The dark red contrasted perfectly with the pure white.