Chapter 13

Y/N POV

After another little bit of silence we heard another commotion. Me and Elizabeth looked at each other and then quickly told everyone to stand back. Then a giant hole in the wall appeared. And out came the too men. Me and ban walked up to each other and just started... making out until everyone went silent, and we're just staring at us. We broke apart and just smiled at each other. I love making people uncomfortable sometimes.

Then we noticed that the hole in the wall extended to the center of the maze, where two of the commandments were waiting. We walked through to discover everyone else had made it, and instead of greeting everyone, me and Meliodas just stared up at the two demons before us.

"Good evening ladies and gentlemen, welcome to this ultimate time killer- no I mean the great fighting festival" Gloxinia said to the small crowd. "But before we get things underway, we'll need to prepare the arena. Alright Drole, are you ready" he said looking to Drole. He did a configuration with his hands and then two giant hands from the ground.

"Fantastic. This is where each one of you will be doing battle. Since its time to get started, I'll be cutting off the others now" He said. I wasn't surprised this wasn't supposed to be an actual tournament after all. Taizoo (idk how to spell his name) quickly explained what was going to happen and just as we were about to begin, Gowther showed up.

I sighed at his entrance completely uninterested and leaned up against ban. This was sooo boring. I was slightly surprised that the demons didn't recognize him. Then Escanor was stabbed. I suddenly perked up at the sudden murder, now things were actually getting interesting. For a reason I couldn't comprehend, Gloxinia healed him shortly after. Then we were being divided into groups.

Drole then explained what would happening next. I looked at the teams and who they were fighting and was almost completely satisfied at the results. Only one group would be fighting against allies, the rest would fight strangers. Then I looked at my partner. I sighed softly when I noticed it was Elizabeth. She had absolutely no ability to fight and would probably be completely useless.

Ban and Meliodas started yelling about how we shouldn't be apart of the tournament and I just rolled my eyes. I mean I understand the yelling about my brother's girlfriend but I can handle myself thank you very much. Gloxinia calmly explained that their opinions didn't matter and then went back to the rules.

They tried to attack her and I sighed a second time. Then Elizabeth started yelling about how Meliodas shouldn't worry about her and blah blah blah. I just  zoned out for a second until I heard Ban speak.

"Good for her" He said in a cocky tone and despite clearly being able to defend myself, I decided to copy Elizabeth's words.

"Don't worry about me either" I said in a slightly sarcastic tone. And Meliodas said "Good for her too"

I rolled my eyes for what seemed like the hundredth time at the two boys immaturity. Me and Elizabeth started joking about it for a tiny bit while we probably should've been focusing on our own battle.

Suddenly the two men we were facing rushed toward us in an attempt to attack and I quickly cast a small spell. To block them.

"Humans like you are so annoying. Can't you see I'm trying to have a conversation" I said, irritated. Elizabeth looked up at me and said "Y/N, your absolutely amazing"

I was kinda surprised at the compliment and just gave her a small smile in response. We started talking again, and I admit, I was kinda warming up to her. We were just talking and giggling while for some reason, the assassins stopped attacking.

But, then three smoke bombs were rolled our way and I couldn't see much of anything. Elizabeth told me to run and I raised my eyebrows, even though I knew she couldn't see me. one of  the assassins apologized for having to kill us and I sighed again. What is with these people.

I heard Elizabeth being attacked and I called for her to answer me. If she died my brother would be so angry, and I didn't want to deal with that. The assassin tried to come at me from behind but I quickly moved before he could stab me.

"If your going to try to kill me, you have to conceal your body, as well as your mind" I said, trying  to give him some advice. I then attacked for a second time and he was out of commission. As the smoke cleared, I noticed one assassin holding his brother in his arms.

I sort of felt bad, but it wasn't my fault. He came at me first. Elizabeth was surprisingly still alive, and she healed the brother I had knocked down. Elizabeth explained to me why she healed him and I was... I guess surprised. Those two just tried to murder us, and she healed one of them anyways, because of something that wasn't even her fault.

We were then declared the winners of the fight.