Chapter 16

Y/N POV

There were 9 demons standing in front of me and my brother. Demons who had every intention of murdering the both of us here and now. They circled us, ready for a fight. 

Zeldris stepped in front of the group, focusing on my brother, and nothing else. He stepped toward Meliodas, with anger burning in his eyes. I couldn't come up with a plan, we were surrounded. 

I knew they wouldn't allow us to mistake, our only choice was to fight. Silently, Meliodas took his sacred treasure and tried to swing at Zeldris, but his arm was cut off. I didn't know what to do. Should I help him? Would I only get in the way? I had never been this unsure before.

Meliodas kicked Zeldirs, trying to regain his arm. Zeldris was stepping on my brother's arm when I felt a spell wrap around me. 

"Binding spell grudge chains" Meliodas struggled, but I knew what the spell did. I was just standing there, frozen before the demons in front of me. Luckily, no one was focusing on me. Derieri was attacking Meliodas and the rest off the commandments were just watching. 

I took a small step back, and then another. I was too exposed right now,  being in the middle of this battle put both me and my brother at a disadvantage. If he needed my help, he would say so, until then I had to stay out of his way. 

Suddenly, I felt Dreyfus' spirit. So that was his game plan or right now, reach his old friend's spirit. I took another small step back. It was getting harder to not go rushing into their brother as time went on. He was taking blow after blow. 

Then, he was attacking again. I realized his real plan, to pretend to be overwhelmed and release his power. But, my second older brother, Estarossa stopped him before he could. My brother fell backwards. 

I looked at the scene before me. My brother's limp, weak body on the floor, with Estarossa standing above him. Without thinking, I rushed forward, deciding it was time to intervene. All of a sudden, my body was being lifted off the ground, and I couldn't move. 

I squirmed, trying to  get rid of the invisible force around me. I looked at the demons in front of me, trying to figure out which one was responsible for my capture. When I did, I saw Zeldris staring at me, and I knew it was him. He hadn't forgotten about me after all. 

I held his unblinking gaze as I heard my brother scream. I desperately wanted to look at my elder brothers, but I didn't want to back down. Estarossa spoke of our betrayal, of damage we did to the demon realm upon our departure. 

I kept looking into Zeldris' eyes. I knew the seven deadly sins were watching us, I could feel their eyes, and I couldn't imagine how they felt when they heard of our past. I wonder what Ban would think. 

Then I felt him, he was here. As melascula tried to extract my brother's soul, Ban cracked her neck and stole her hearts, stomping on each one. 

"You moron. Why did you come here," 

"Who are you calling a moron. Don't try to look like the only cool guy out here," Despite my situation, I smiled slightly as I heard them banter. I finally diverted my eyes to Ban, happy to see him but also angry he was here. If he actually dies out here, I'm going to murder him. 

Zeldris turned to, ready to fight, but I still couldn't move. I met Ban's eyes, and knew exactly what he planned to do. I just nodded and smiled at him, trying to be reassuring. He was about to try to save my brother, even though he knew that he might not be able to save me too. 

Meliodas was in a worst state than me, and if he died at this moment, it could endanger the world. 

He turned away from me and asked, "Can you get up Captain?" 

"You moron, the way your talking you almost make it sound like I've been hurt"

"But then again, if you hadn't killed her, I would've gladly done it myself,"

"Your in no shape to handle this, let me take him captain," Ban said, readying for the fight, but Estarossa ignored him. I realized two things. The first, exaclty how this encounter was going to play out. The second was that I was in love with the man trying to fight on behalf of my older brother. 

I probably had been this entire time, but I had never been as sure as I was at that moment of it. Before, I was always scared I would lose him, that he would die or abandon me, but right now, I knew he never would. 

As my brother's hearts were being stabbed by my other brother, Ban tried his best to stop him. I watched as the inevitable played out before me. There was nothing I could do or say that would stop what was happening, so I just watched. 

As the horrific scene continued, I began thinking. Why wasn't I being treated the same way my brother is. I hadn't received any damages from the 2 battles, in fact Drole and Gloxinia hadn't even tried to attack me earlier. The only reason I was incapacitated right now was whatever spell or curse that was effecting me. 

I glanced over at Zeldris again to find him staring at me again, but this time instead of a dead look, there was a smirk. Then I got it. I was being treated different. They had no intention of killing me, I was about to become a hostage. At that moment I started struggling again. 

I still couldn't move, all I could do was accept what was happening and watch as the final sword pierce my brother's heart. 

A/N 

Another long chapter. I'm actively trying to make them between 500 to 1000 words now. Anyways I don't know if this chapter is bad or not, I haven't edited or read through it yet. Right now its 1:00 in the morning so my writing might be pretty bad. 

Anyways if I put too much detail somewhere, the paragraphs are to long or I made a grammar mistake, please let me know by commenting. Thank you