Don't Mess With Konpeki's Friends

Konpeki had gotten himself and Kacchan in martial arts. Konpeki wanted to be very strong, and just running around wasn't going to do anything. And Kacchan was going to go into martial arts anyway so... He had convinced their mothers to enroll them into a martial arts class. Kacchan's mom was all for it, but his mom was really concerned. But compared to how protective Papy had been, she was a breeze to deal with. 

     Kacchan and him grew to love sparring. They would wrestle and tussle whenever he would come over, if they had the time. But not when at his mom's apartment though. Whenever they would have sleepovers, Konpeki would tell his friend all sorts of stories and things that happened in his old multiverse, or they would talk about how awesome heroes were. They would also wrestle if they were at Aunt Mitsuki's. 

     Sometimes people would try to manipulate Kacchan because they either admired or were jealous of his quirk. When Konpeki learned of this, he decided to teach his friend how to spot a lie. He also got a book on body language for his friend as well. In the end he taught him well. He was pretty proud. 

     He wouldn't have anyone trying to manipulate his friends, ever. Unless it was him himself and for a prank, surprise, or something like that. 

One day... 

     "I-I believe in you!" 

     A punch. 

     "You can do better!" 

     A kick. 

     "You can be a good person, if you just try," he told them, now crying, but still clinging to hope. 

     ...A pause... Then, a kick to the stomach and a punch to the face. 

     Katsuki had watched the whole thing. 

     "Why didn't you defend yourself?" he asked angrily. 

     "Because I believe in them. Is that so wrong?" Konpeki said quietly, almost angrily. 

     "You could have beat them easily!" Katsuki argued. 

     "WE DON'T EVEN KNOW THEIR SIDE OF THE STORY!" Konpeki snapped and started tearing up. 

     "I-I shouldn't have yelled. I-I'm sorry... I should just go..." he said, trying to hide his tears. 

     "Come on," Katsuki demanded. 

     "B-but-" Konpeki looked up in shock. 

     "We're going to my house and getting you cleaned up," he stated. 

     Konpeki awkwardly followed his friend. When they arrived, Aunty demanded they tell him what happened. After Kacchan told her what has happened, she cleaned him up. He eventually admitted to being beat up multiple times like this. Kacchan was very mad. 

     Konpeki was by now known for not defending himself. One day, some kids decided to tell him lies about Kacchan to his face. His gaze darkened. They grinned in victory, thinking they tricked him. He then smiled, confusing them. 

     His smile had a lot of anger and malice behind it. 

     "Why are you lying?" he questioned them, feigning innocence. 

     "B-but we're not we-" they sputtered. 

     "I don't care what you say about me... But if you dare insult or lie about Kacchan again, you might find yourself having a bad time," he threatened, still smiling. 

     "What are you going to do about it! Your friend "Kacchan" is just some kid who got lucky enough to get a decent quirk!" they told him. 

     As soon as they said that, it only took a second for Konpeki's "innocent smile" to drop and be replaced by a sinister grin. 

     In the end, there were three traumatized kids with one of them rumored to having a broken leg. No one believed them, except for Kacchan, he had actually seen some of what happened. He had left before he could become noticed, so wasn't sure exactly what happened to make them as traumatized as they were. Sure, seeing another's leg get broken must have been traumatizing, but it seemed it was something else. Maybe it was the look in Konpeki's eyes. 

     Whatever happened from that day on, those three never bothered Konpeki again. Those who hadn't been there soon forgot. Those three never forgot, and never would. They learned a lesson that day. Never mess with Konpeki's friends.