The Storm

Chapter ten

The Storm

❀ꕥ

"I just know it's where Derek took Paige to die."

Flora blinked, snapping out of her thoughts as she realized that she needed to focus on finding the Nemeton. The lack of sleep was catching up and she hated it.

"My dad and Gerard were there once." Allison stepped in, knowing what tree Stiles meant. "But Gerard said it was years ago and he couldn't remember where it was." She swallowed. "And my dad obviously isn't here to tell us now."

"Yeah, mine neither." Stiles snickered sarcastically.

Flora looked down at her feet, feeling sorry for her friends.

"Then how do we find this place?" Isaac asked from the corner of the room where was watching the whole situation.

Deaton finally looked at the teenagers around the metal table. "There might be a way." he admitted. "But it's dangerous." He sighed before looking at Stiles. "We're gonna need Scott."

So it was decided, Stiles left with Deaton to meet up with Scott and Allison drove herself and Flora to get something meaningful for the ritual.

When they got back, Deaton was already preparing the things they needed.

"Why do I have to do this again?" Flora raised her eyebrows at the man who finally filled the fourth bathtub with ice.

Deaton threw away the empty plastic bag and walked towards the group. "You have a connection to nature, Flora, they wouldn't be able to locate it without you." He answered and then looked at her hands. "What did you bring?"

Flora frowned but slowly nodded, running her fingers against the necklace in her hands. "Moonstone earrings." She smiled and blushed. "Took them away from a guy's room, a couple of months ago." The brunette sniffled, remembering the late-night conversation she had with Stiles the night they caught Jackson. "I wore them a lot the past summer." She mumbled, her brown eyes catching Stiles' weak smile and his rosy cheeks.

Stiles coughed away his awkward smile and showed them a badge he had in his hand. "I got my dad's badge. Jennifer kind of crushed it in her hand, so I tried to hammering it out a bit." He sighed. "Still doesn't look great."

"It doesn't need to look good if it has meaning." Deaton reassured the boy.

Flora sighed and linked her pinky finger with Stiles', giving him a small hint of courage.

"Is that an actual silver bullet?" Isaac spoke up when he saw a bullet in Allison's hand.

Allison blinked, staring at the silver object. "Yeah, my dad made it as kind of a ceremonial thing. When one of us finishes learning all the skills to be a hunter, we forge a silver bullet as a testament to the Code." She explained with a quiet voice.