Welcome to Bardo

Chapter eleven

Welcome to Bardo

❀ꕥ

Stiles jolted awake in his bed, quickly looking around, his breath slowing down when he heard a confused groan coming from Flora's mouth. He tried to hold his breath, not wanting to wake her up.

"Stiles? What's wrong?" She tiredly murmured as she sat up. Her hand brushed against his bicep. "Bad dream?" Her voice felt like venom to Stiles, but he shrugged the feeling off.

"Yeah, I was just dreaming." He nodded and squeezed her hand, sadly smiling. "It was weird, it was like a dream within a dream." He explained, shaking his head at the ridiculousness.

Flora smirked and nodded. "A nightmare?" She questioned, looking him up and down.

He nodded. "Yeah." He sighed and started playing with her fingers before stopping. "What are you doing here?"

Flora's hand dropped from his back as she nervously laughed. "What do you mean?"

Before the Stilinski boy could answer the doors to his room creaked open, showing the darkness on the other side.

"Hold on," Stiles whispered and got up from the bed, leaving teary-eyed Flora alone.

"Stiles, what are you doing." Flora hissed at the boy when she saw how he was watching the door.

"I should close the door." He mumbled, not breaking the stare.

Flora grabbed his hand and flipped her hair. "Just go back to bed Stiles." She whispered and kissed his knuckles. "Don't worry about it."

Stiles shook her grip off. "What if something comes in."

Flora straightened up. "Like who?"

When he didn't answer and started moving closer to the door the girl raised her voice. "Just go back to sleep Stiles."

The boy shook his head as sweat dripped from his forehead. "What if they get in?"

"What if who gets in?" Flora whispered under her breath. "Stiles!" The girl slightly raised her voice. "Just, please leave it." She begged.

The boy stopped in front of the door, not looking back.

"Stiles please don't." Flora cried. "Please don't let them come in." She sobbed, small tears coming out of her eyes. "Stiles people don't do it."

That was the last thing Stiles heard before stepping into the darkness and seeing the Nemeton in its full glory.

A similar situation was going on in the house next door. Flora Young was tossing in her sleep as the dream she had was getting more and more real.

"No, no, no." She whispered when she saw herself surrounded by balloons and her friends staring blankly at her. "What is this."

Stiles stepped out from the group first with a wicked grin on his face. "A party for you Flora." He smiled and handed her a present with his cold hands. "Don't open it now." He stopped her when her hands wanted to rip off the wrapping paper. "It's going to be open when the time is right, now wake up." He whispered as the lights turned off behind him, making him look even more haunting. "Wake up Flora."