Chapter 9

A/N: Hello, loves! Sorry I haven't updated in a while but tell me how you like the story so far! Now back to another chapter.

Your POV:
The pie emporium has been doing very well lately! Sweeney, Nellie, and I have gotten so much closer over these past few days. Nellie is like the mother I've never had. Her caring and supportive demeanor makes me want to be the best that I can be and I feel that I can share anything with her. Maybe one day I could reveal my past and still have her accept and love me like she always does. And Mr. Todd...Oh Sweeney. He's the sweetest and most protective man I've ever met. I will admit, he is rather quiet but once you get him going, he is quite interesting. Although his deep eyes always reflect that of sadness. How can a man so confident and caring be so... broken.

Once in awhile, I still have nightmares about Turpin finding me and doing unspeakable things to finally emotionally break me and take whatever self pride and dignity I still have. I just wish he'd leave me be so I can stop living in fear of him jumping out and cornering me.

"Y/N darling. I'm going out to grab some things from the Market. Will you be alright while I'm gone?"
"I'll be fine, Nellie!" I chirped back.
"What would I do without you, Love?" She beamed and left, ringing the bell above the door on her way out. I went into to the back room to grab some more ingredients to start making the pies. When I heard the bell ring. I turned around just in time to see...It can't be...