Chapter Twelve.

Chapter contains:
angst.

The next day came and Gardenia was exhausted, she could hardly keep her eyes open throughout most of her classes. People were not used to her being this way, she was always energized and eager to learn but she was quiet, people were wondering what was wrong. Even during the her tutoring session, students were wondering what was wrong. Spending the entire night studying and doing her homework that she didn't think would take so much time, she finished at four in the morning then had to turn around, wake up at five to get Bear ready and take him to school at six then had to make it to school on time at six-thirty. Harry couldn't pick her up because he had early morning practice so she rode the bus, there were small mini naps on the bus which were never a good idea but Bear kept watch while she slept for short periods of time.

Now, she was in sociology and now she couldn't help but sleep. Her head on the desk, her arms shielding her and she was quiet. Her teacher didn't pay her any mind, she always did so well in her class and never had a day where she didn't participate so she didn't say anything. Harry on the other hand was worried for her, he genuinely worried because this is the first time seeing Gardenia today, it was his first time seeing her this way. He let her use his jacket as a cover because the room was chilly.

Harry looked forward and he paid attention so he could explain to Gardenia whenever she felt better, he took notes for her even though he was never necessarily productive in this class but he will be for her if she doesn't feel well.

Harry hears laughing and he gazes around to see people look at where he was, he looked over at Gardenia who had spitballs in her hair. Harry's eyes furrowed, he looked around to see who was the one responsible. He can see Helena, straw on her desk and her laughing with her friends. Harry looked around because Helena has officially pissed him off, before he was never bothered by her because she was just someone who wanted his attention but now that she has it, she was going to hate every second of it.

"Psst."

Harry looked over to the left and there was this girl, her name was Colleen or Cole and she was someone a lot of people stayed away from because she was a white girl who was openly gay. Cole was different from a lot of the girls, she shaved all her hair off, she wore boys clothes and she didn't like being called Colleen, she wanted to be called a boy and her name is Cole. Teachers always called her by her full name. "What's up Cole?" Harry replied and Cole looked at Gardenia. "I'll get Helena back for you, I don't care if I get in trouble. Gardenia is really nice to me, she tutors me for free when we're supposed to pay. I'll get Helena back and you won't get in trouble." Cole whispered and Harry leaned closer. "Are you sure because I don't care either?" Harry remarked and Cole nodded, he looked back at Helena. "I'm sure."

Harry went back to taking notes and Cole asked if he could go to the bathroom, moments later she came back and Harry wondered what she was about to do when there was one big wad of wet tissue paper in her hand.

Not even wanting to hide it, Cole chunked the wad of wet tissue towards Helena. SPLAT! Gasps came from all over the classroom and Harry looked back. His mouth fell open because the wet wad of tissue splattered all over Helena's face. Helena slowly got up and she looked at Cole as if she wanted to fight her. "You Trannie!" Helena exclaimed and the teacher Mrs. Farrow turns around. "What happened?" Mrs. Farrow questions calmly and Helena aggressively points at Cole. "That She-Him threw wet tissue paper at me, ruining my dress and it smells like toilet water!" Helena ranted and Cole chuckled. "Call me a She-Him again, next time... it won't be just toilet water." Cole remarked.

Mrs. Farrow was confused as to why Cole did what she did. "Cole to the office and Helena go to the... nurse." Mrs. Farrow says and Helena stormed out while Cole, who was cool as a cucumber walked out of the classroom as if nothing happened.