Protocol Five (3)

They all ran down the street as wolves, racing along swiftly and quietly with no howling this time, as they made their way to the press conference where they heard Victoria Sweeney speaking now.

They walked into the press conference as wolves, walking calmly among the people who took picture of them.

Sierra hopped up onto the table as everyone focused on her wolf, before she dropped down, and they all stand before the reporters as human beings.

"You want the truth? Well, here we are." Sierra announces to the crowds in the room, who had gone from now all of them seeing wolves, to seeing all of them, as humans like themselves.

Question after question was asked and Sierra looked at her pack, who were all nodding at her to start them answering it, as Victoria ran off.

The Kafe was closed for a private gathering and Sierra looks up at once as she grinned. "Jana." She said as the other wolfblood looked up, with food, and stuff in her hands.

"No way..." Jana mumbled as the Kafe's door bell twinkled loudly.

"Excuse me, but we're closed for a private..." Katrina looks up at the pair of familiar faces that walked in.

"Maddy! Rhydian!" Sierra shouted as the two walked in.

"Are we too late to join the party? I brought food." Rhydian held up bags of crisps and Sierra laughed.

"No longer a vegetarian, I see?" She asked, and he rolled his eyes as Jana walked over and they both hugged as Sierra crushed Maddy in a tight hug.

"What did I say about keepin' in touch?" Sierra asked, looking at the young girl who had once been one of her alphas.

"You said do it, or I'll get you a new phone that's directly linked online to mine, I've missed you too!" Maddy let out a squeal and Sierra grunted.

"All right, introduction time for those of you, who don't already, know these two wolfbloods." Sierra said as she sat back down next to Matei.

"Maddy Smith." Maddy shook hands with everyone that didn't know her as she made her way around the table.

"Rhydian Morris." Rhydian offered to them all.

"So, I suppose you are gonna be writing another book, are you?" Every wolfblood or human turned to Jeffries who looked awkwardly at them all.

"Bloodwolf: The Revenge!" TJ shouts and Sierra shakes her head.

"Bloodwolf: Divided, Reunited." She offered as Jana pointed to her phone and Sierra took it from her with a bit of a growl.

"Wait, Planet of the Bloodwolves!" The whole pack laughed at Selina's idea.

"No, no, no. Bloodwolf versus the Wolfbloods!" TJ laughed at them and Sierra looked at Rhydian, who was all in and laughing now.

"Taxi for Jeffries!" The former teacher stands up and everyone laughs loudly, as he looks at them, sitting down once again.

Sierra was typing frantically on her phone now, still half listening to her friends and pack, but was focused on the phone in front of her mostly.

"Hey, we can deal with all of that tomorrow." Matei pointed out as he tried to move the phone away and out of the sightline, from her face. "You and me, the pack, Rhydian and Maddy if they want, shoulder to shoulder." He said and Sierra sighed, squeezing his hand and then the chatter stopped as they all sniff, smelling someone at the door who weren't necessarily welcome into their party.

Kay and Kara apologized for what they had done and Sierra nodded at them. "There's nothing more important in the world, then protecting your friends." She said and that prompted a lot of suggestions and opinions as to what isn't less important then it.

"Apart from family." TJ pointed out.

"Or pack." Selina said.

"Adopted family." Maddy says with her hand raised up into the air and Sierra raised an eyebrow.

"Loyalty in general." Rhydian said to them all and Sierra shakes her head at them all.

"Looking back, at when I first met Maddy and a whole bunch of years later when Rhydian came stumbling by accident onto our territory, and he was thinking that he was the only one of his kind, a wolfblood as we all are... I never thought that I would have ever had the potential to be an alpha one day." She said and they all cheered at her statement.

"Now, I've been an alpha before and it's awesome when everyone listens to what their alpha says, always. But it's also boring, so don't be afraid to push a little." Rhydian said as Sierra growls at him.

"You are now on my territory, Rhydian Morris, you had better watch it." Sierra says and Rhydian looks over at her with a sigh.

"Then, I guess that you are gonna be upset if I do-- this then!" Rhydian stole her plate of food, and she lunged after him for it.

Then she picked up the phone and sighed, realizing that it was Victoria on the other end of the line.

She met the former head of security on top of a building and they both nod to each other with respect before they both were looking over the city.

"Segolia's finished. Share prices have flatlined. Wolfblood employees, have mainly fled. We can't protect, anyone anymore." Victoria said and when she would look at Sierra, for the first time since meeting her, Sierra saw fear in her face.

"Lies don't protect anyone, especially not the person who is always to public and telling them." She looked over the city again with a sigh.

"You think that honesty, keeps us safer?" Victoria questioned Sierra, as she raised her eyebrows, a bit higher on her forehead.

"Humans can learn to accept us, you have even met some humans, who've learned to accept us. Tom, Shannon, I mean hell, Katrina, Kay and Kara. Tim Jeffries, Dr. Whitewood. They're all of them, human." Sierra says to her.

"I hope that you last long enough to see that day, Sierra. Because right now you and your friends are the most of us, visible wolfbloods in the world."

Victoria pointed out. "That's a responsibility, a weight. It also makes you a target." She sighed at Sierra, as the young Tracker and alpha listened closely to her.

"It's not just humans, who will come after you now. There are some of our kind, wolfbloods who'll never forgive you for what you have done. So, keep your pack close. And watch your back from now on." Victoria said and Sierra nods at her in respect and Victoria did the same back to her, as, she walks off of the roof.

Sierra followed Victoria, her eyes glowing icy blue in the darkness as she made her way back to the Kafe in the darkness.