CHAPTER 5

VERONICA

"It's not like this is the first time a player is asking me out."I said to Sam.
"Oh,I Know but this player we are taking about is no other than Hunter Bush."he replied.

"I fully understand what you mean but why do you feel sorry for me?"I asked him.

"I feel sorry for you because,you know nobody says no to those guys and go scot free."he replied with a sigh.

"It's not like they are in a mafia or something and  I already told him no and I don't plan on changing my answer and there is nothing he can do about it but to stay back."I replied with an eye roll.

"Veronica, this is Hunter Bush we are taking about here."

"So?" I asked rolling my eyes and I'm tired of doing that already but I can't help it.

"well,you of all people should know he won't stay back easily."he stated the obvious.

"Yeah,but he will be forced to."

"By who?"he asked holding his laughter.

"By me."I replied then he started laughing and clapping at the same time.

"I'm so proud of you."He said mockingly.

"Stop it."I said reasoning how funny the statement I just made is as I try to hold my own laughter but he didn't stop until my phone started ringing.

We both looked at the caller ID and it was Hunter.

" Don't answer it. "He said.

"why won't I?" I asked him.
"He Will think you have been waiting for his call."
"Oh, that's just bullshit."I replied as I picked up my phone.
"So, when am I allowed to pick the call?" I asked looking at my phone.
" when he calls for the third or fourth time." he replied.
seriously?what we do to prevent looking desperate,SMH.

"Okay,"I said then the phone rang again.

"I guess this is the third time."I said before picking the call.

"Hey,"He said.
"Hi,"I replied.
"Is everything alright over there?"He asked.
"Yeah,why did you ask?"
" It's because I called you two times before you picked the call,hope I'm not disturbing you."he said and I looked at Sam as if silently blaming him for the delay and he shrugged in reply.

"No you are not,I was not with my phone."
"So,why did you call?"I asked him.

"Can you please send me your address?I will like to come over."he asked.
I looked at Sam who could hear what Hunter said because the call was on speaker and he mouthed, "DON'T GIVE HIM"

"Hello,are you still there? "Hunter asked me.
"Yeah.,I'm still here."I replied.
"So, can you give me your address now?"he asked.

"Why do you want to come over?" I asked.

"I just want to hang out and please don't say no."
"Okay,end the call so I can send you the address."I said then he ended the call so I quickly switched my phone off.

"What should I do?"I asked Sam panicking. "I don't know but don't switch your phone on for now."he replied and I did just that.

As the both of us continued talking,Sam started telling me about the girl he was crushing on.

"So you still have a crush on Stephanie hun?"I asked him smilling.

Stephanie is a brunette that Sam has been crushing on for about one year now and I don't know why he is scared to ask her out.

She is even in the same grade as us which I believe makes it easier.
Left to me, there is nothing special about Stephanie,She is just a petite brunette with thin pink lips and  button nose and I haven't really taken a look at her because I only noticed her because of her hair.