Chapter 15: When it does turn out

"What do you mean Nick. Can't follow here."

Nick didn't say another word and leaned forward, as much as possible due the fact they were still laying down, and cupped her cheek in his hand.

Both closing their eyes and letting their lips move in sync. Afterwards Nick placed her head on top of his shoulder bringing his arm around hers and hugging her like she is the most fragile thing in the room.

"Now get some sleep okay?"

"O-okay"

-----

The next morning, she still felt a bit terrible. She trusts Nick to the fullest and still, she was struggling to tell him the full truth. The thing that still breaks her sometime. (Y/N) her mind never stood still or it was never at peace.

And well, that next morning, when Nick stood up to do his regular research about his next location, (Y/N) decided to get up and take her phone. Walking to the window to look outside. Was it a good idea?

It would probably break her heart again. 

It was of course such a long time ago she had this connection before with someone, but that first person? He isn't just history.

When the loud sigh escaped her lips, she opened her instagram, and searches for his name. Never had she felt so weird before. He still hadn't changed, only a few more tattoos here and there and finally being a professional tattoo artist.

Oh the memories that replayed. The good and the bad. It all came back to her and she kind of liked it. But she finally needed to realize that that was more than 3 years ago. She moved on, and she has the perfect person with her now.

Just then she realized it was time to release him and tell everything to Nick. He would't be mad right?

(Y/N) took her chance and hoped for the best, walked down and called out for Nick in the living room. Within a second, Nick stood there, wide smile on his face, showing his sparkly teeth and asked what she needed.

"Hey Nick, can I talk to you about something important? About last night you know?"

Nick his smile dropped, Was it about that kiss? He shouldn't have done it right?

"Uhm, Okay sure, give me a minute so save everything and I'll be here within that minute."

(Y/N) nodded and smiled, taking a seat in the couch, with a worried look on her face, she didn't do anything wrong though.

"Whatcha wanna talk about (Y/N)?"

"You know that I was kinda mad? Kinda offended in a way? Well, you knew something was wrong and I didn't felt comfortable about it. Well I want to tell you it."

"Go on, I'm listening and I won't interrupt."

(Y/N) took a deep breath and turned to face Nick with all her confidence she had. He needed to know before they could go any further.

"Well, where to start huh. I really like you and I really want this to work. But you need to know that I'm still stuck on someone. Even though it is over, I admit, I still look at his page sometimes. I tried to move on and I really want to with you. But I don't want you to be mad with me when you see me talking to him, or looking at his pictures."

"Can I ask what kind of bond you guys have? Because this really sounds serious."

Y/N smiled at the thought of her childhood and first lover. Those times were the light of her dark days. 

"Yeah he was really special to me. I could talk to him about everything and he never judged me. Literally , me being a Satanic worshipper, it didn't scare him. He was really interested. He was 8 years older. But that didn't change our friendship. From the moment I turend 17, he started to be more... suggestive. But he didn't harm me in any way, no. I liked him too much. He never tried anything tho. At the end. When I finally turned 18, he casually asked me out on a date."

Nick smiled at the fact that she could be so happy about something so small and that was her que to go further in her story.

"We gamed together and all that stuff, we worked together. Nobody had a damn clue, of course, only my girls knew. But all the others thought we were such good friends. It was the best thing I had back then. I really had a bad youth. And he helped me with everything. He even picked me up from school when he didn't need to work or had a half day so he could. When things at home went terrible wrong, I always could call him and then that day, that day we went out. He knew I didn't like it to go out in any kind of way. Just some movies were good enough.

He.. He would pick the movie and I would cook. Like we did. It just felt the same like it did with him and I felt a bit weird. I mean. My point is, you are almost exactly the same and I really want to try my best to make this work. But you do remind me of him. I want you to know that that makes you an amazing person on your own.

I never had the chance to have a good new start in a relationship and I am thankful that you want to do that with me. Please don't be mad with me?"

"Why would I be mad? He still is your friend? So I can't be mad, I'm feeling honored actually. To represent a light in you dark days like back then. That's amazing you know. And to add something on that. I really want this to work too. So, let's do something today, you can choose. Just let me finish my work for now hmm? Alright?"

(Y/N) nodded fiercely with a smile and went to change. 

This,

this could be the start of something Wonderfull.

And Zak? You probably ask?

Well he was probably out of her head...

But what would you know huh? Maybe it isn't.

Cause her mind was actually with Nick and also with Zak.

Even if she didn't want to admit it.