10

It had been two weeks since I'd called Penelope and told her that I accepted her job proposal. She'd told me then that I would begin in four weeks time, so that I had a chance to sort things out. Since then, I'd been able to secure an apartment just ten minutes away from the university, and had gone to visit Stella and Miss Jones to tell them that I'd landed myself a job within the MoD doing digital forensics. I only told Stella that there was a supernatural side to it- Miss Jones didn't need to know. I only told Stella because she'd been with me on my Argent journey from the very beginning, and I knew I would be seeing less of her in the coming years. Purely because she didn't live locally to where I would be, but of course I said I would visit as much as I could.

Ronan was also excited- he'd worked with SED on a couple of occasions, and was certain that because I now had a solid job with them, he would also be able to join me on some of my missions.

My mum, although was happy that I'd got a good job, was upset that I'd be leaving home for good this time. It wasn't like leaving home for university, when I'd be home every term. This was permanent.

In fact, she was trying not to cry when she had to return back home after helping me move my things in.

"Mum, you live like an hour away." I said, hugging her for the millionth time.

"I know." She sniffed. "I just... you grew up too quickly."

I laughed. "Dad, tell her, will you?"

My dad chuckled. "Our daughter is right." He said. "We can come and visit any time."

Mum nodded. "I know." She said again.

"You better get back to beat the traffic." I said.

Dad nodded in agreement- after all, he was the one driving.

"Okay, sweet." She said, and hugged me again. "Stay safe, won't you?"

"Of course." I said, and went to hug my dad as well.

"Good luck with your new job." He said.

"You'll do amazing." Mum said.

I chuckled. "Thanks."

"Call me tonight." Mum said.

"I will." I chuckled. "Bye!"

"Bye, sweet." She said, and then they left.

I turned back to my new apartment. It was really nice- not huge, but modern and clean, and open planned. I had my own balcony that looked over Canary Wharf, and huge windows that did likewise. The kitchen was grey and sleek and shiny, with all the appliances hidden within the cupboards, and there was a nice, new oven. Then there was the living area, which had a large, light grey corner sofa, and pale pink cushions to compliment it. Between that and the TV was a glass coffee table. Then there was the master bedroom with the en-suite- I had a double bed, grey carpeting and a pale yellow and grey bed-set on. The bathroom, much like the kitchen, was sleek and clean.

I could definitely get used to living here. Apparently being an agent within the supernatural division meant a decent payslip- but then again, when you were potentially risking your life every other day, I would expect nothing less.

I slumped down onto the sofa- there were still a few boxes that needed unpacking, but all of the essentials were out.

"Well, well, well." Ronan's voice sounded behind me.

I turned and saw him looking around, hands on his hips.

"Not bad at all." He said.

I smiled. "Right? This place is amazing."