44

-- Stark's P.O.V --

Millie was sat silently in the middle of the floor with her legs crossed, the darkness beginning to form a cloud around her. Penelope, Tina and I were sat watching, waiting patiently for her to return and tell us something useful. Or to tell us that she couldn't find anything.

Then, Millie fell backwards so that she was laying on the floor. In a few seconds, the darkness seemed to pull itself back towards her, disappearing from sight, and then her eyes opened. We all ran over to her, to see if she was okay, but what I saw was frightening.

Millie's eyes were all black, and she sat up. She looked around, as if seeing the place for the first time, before looking at me. She then looked at Tina, and Penelope, who all shared my worried look.

Then she smiled. "So this is where you've all been hiding?" She asked, her voice slightly echoey, and that was when it dawned on me.

This was not Millie.

She shot up, landing a hard punch on my stomach, throwing me backwards.

"Millie?" I heard Tina say. "What are you doing?"

"That's not Millie." Penelope said- I looked up, and saw Penelope and Tina take a few steps back. The darkness was now drifting over Millie, swirling around her playfully. Waiting to be used.

"No, it's not." Millie confirmed.

"Where is she?" Tina asked, sounding angry. "What have you done with her?"

I stood up slowly, not wanting to draw Millie's attention. Then, I started to gather the metal element within. I could feel its strength build just under my skin, before it began to materialise. It coated my hands like water, filling my body with strength and power and energy. I became aware of everything metallic in this room, and it was ready to do what I wanted it to. The metal continued to flow up my arms, fusing with my neck and face, and down my legs.

"Oh, she's in here somewhere." Millie said. "But don't worry- you guys will be dead by the time she figures out how to get back."

I didn't hold back a moment longer. I charged, my metallic body throwing itself forward with my fists outstretched.

I made contact with Millie, feeling terrible that I was doing this to her- I had to remind myself that this wasn't her. It was him. It was Haydn.

She took the full brunt of my attack. I heard the sickening sound of her bones cracking, as she flew forward, and hit the opposite wall face first with a loud bang. She then slumped back down to the floor, having left a huge crack in the wall, but she was by no means unconscious. She snarled, and stood up, cracking whatever broken bones she had back into place. The darkness within the room only seemed to intensify, and I realised then that I'd inflicted no damage to her whatsoever- not physically, anyway.

But now, she was pissed.

A dark ball of energy was hurtled my way, and hit me in the chest.

Everything went black.

__________

-- Millie's P.O.V --

I landed hard on Haydn, although it seemed as though he was letting me. He made no effort to fight back, but I didn't think about it too much at first. Only when I punched him twice across the jaw did I start to ask myself why he wasn't fighting back.

He laughed. "It feels good, doesn't it?" Haydn asked, and then pushed me off. We'd switched positions, so that he was now on top of me. He went to punch me, but I blocked it, before kicking him in the stomach.