47

I tried not to think about my dream too much as I packed some things to take back home with me. Of course, it had gotten to me, but I had to remind myself that it was just a dream.

Wasn't it?

I wondered if my brain was replaying some of the stuff that had happened yesterday. The stuff that I'd missed when I'd been with Haydn, wherever that was. But I knew for a fact that Tina hadn't said that. She'd been too busy trying to heal from a broken back.

Ronan came into the room then. "Do you want me to give you a lift there?"

I smiled. "Yes, please." I said. "I can't be bothered to deal with tubes and trains."

He nodded. "Okay, sure." He said. "Let me know when you're ready."

"Thanks." I said, and continued packing.

__________

I got Ronan to drop me at the bottom of the road, so I could walk towards my house without my parents or neighbours seeing me appear out of nowhere with a strange dude.

"I'll see you tomorrow?" Ronan asked.

"Sure- you can come with me to see Stella." I said.

He smiled, and bent down to kiss me. "Cool." He said. "See ya."

"Bye." I said, and he vanished as I climbed the hill to my house.

I hadn't told my parents that I was coming- I thought I'd surprise them. So, when I knocked on the door and my mum answered, her face lit up.

"Millie!" She exclaimed, and didn't hesitate to pull me into a tight hug.

I hugged her back, welcoming her familiar smell- the smell of home. I sighed with relief.

"I didn't know you were coming!" She said, ushering me into the house.

I grinned. "I thought I'd surprise you."

"Well, good job I haven't started the dinner yet." She said. "We can have a takeaway instead."

"Awesome." I said. "Is dad here?"

"In his office." Mum said. "He'll be happy to see you."

I nodded, dropped my bag at the bottom of the stairs, and then went to say hi to dad. Of course, he was just as delighted that I'd come home to surprise everyone. Mum ordered pizza for us, and we spent the evening together, catching up on things. They knew I couldn't talk about work too much, which was a relief- I didn't even know what lie I could come up with if they asked. Things were just way too hectic. We watched a movie, ate loads of popcorn, and then went to bed.

It was the best night sleep I'd had in ages.

__________